Head of IT Operations - major transformation
Head of IT Operations
An opportunity has arisen to join a large scale, household brand-name organisation as Head of IT Operations, at an exciting time of significant change for the business. Reporting to the IT Director you will lead the IT Operations function of 45 heads in shaping, maturing and upholding service excellence, and supporting a significant roadmap of technology change.
You will play a crucial role in the wider transformation of this FTSE250 equivalent organisation with customer service at its centre, undergoing major TOM change under a newly appointed CIO. Major transformation programmes are in-flight/in the pipeline across IT, Data, Digital, Business Change etc, as such you will work collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Group in shaping an IT Operations department which supports ambitious objectives and the delivery of change at pace.
At present the function of 45 is comprised of 1st, 2nd and 3rd line teams; the service desk team being approx. 20 and the 3rd line teams being split across Server/OS and Networking. The position has 3 direct reports, being the Service Desk Manager, Network Manager and Server/OS Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to transform IT Operations for a busy, sizeable business of c2500 employees spread across the country. Transforming and maturing IT Service Management and delivering significant technology change. Example major projects include; SDWAN deployment, transition to Cloud (Azure), EUC/Windows10 and more
This is not a BAU Head of IT position, but one of significant change and transformation, with a broad scope of objectives and complex deliverables. Maturing and shaping a best-in-class, customer service focused IT Ops department utilising modern technologies. Therefore, we are seeking a highly experienced Head of IT or equivalent, with demonstrable experience of transforming IT Operations, including People, process and technology change.
Responsibilities and deliverables will include the typical breadth expected of a Head of IT Operations of this nature, spanning Strategy and Planning, Change & Transformation, Operational and Service Management, Business Relationships, Vendor Management, Information Security etc.
This position will suit an IT operations and service focused senior IT leader, with experience of;
- Shaping and managing best in class, high performing IT operations and services; designing and improving ITIL based operational processes
- Strong people management; producing high performing teams and driving cultural change
- Managing IT operations and services in large scale, customer service focused businesses.
- Business partnering; acting as a senior business leader, working with senior stakeholders across other technology functions (Data, Digital, Transformation) and the business, to support strategic direction.
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience of transforming delivery models, outsourcing services, partnering with 3rd party suppliers and vendors to achieve commercially beneficial outcomes
- Strong compliance and Information Security knowledge, with experience of embedding and maturing Security Operations
- Experience of transitioning businesses to the cloud (ideally experience of Azure); able to lead a major move to cloud (particularly the commercial aspects).
- Experience of adopting and deploying SDWAN for a comparable organisation (approx. 20 sites).
- Strengths in EUC, with experience of delivering/managing new builds/rollouts, asset management and generally improving customer satisfaction.
- And the many other skills and attributes to succeed in this challenging role.
This is a vibrant business with an impressive history, now at the leading edge of industry (and still highly profitable in these times). Exciting opportunity for a people focused senior leader to shape a modern, high performing IT function.
Basingstoke based with some travel (WFM for the foreseeable)
Paying; up to GBP80,000 per annum (possibly more)
33 days holiday (increases with service), Private Medical, Life Cover and a very generous pension. Bonus TBC (new scheme being introduced)
12 months Fixed Term Contract