Group Management Accountant
Launched in 2006, HW Global operates on an exclusive and retained basis in the £120,000+ search market, also placing interims on daily rates from £700 to £2,000. Our practice areas include Consumer, Financial Services, Business Services, Industrial, CFO, CIO, Chair & NED.
With offices in Leeds, Manchester and London, it serves a range of UK and multi-international organisations and has the funds in place to support an ambitious medium-term acquisition programme designed to scale its operations and enter new markets.
Last year HW Global acquired a majority stake in London-based digital recruitment specialist Zebra People, giving it the capacity to offer a comprehensive digital talent service to clients.
Reports into the Finance Director and has 2 direct reports within the Group's finance function
- Monthly management accounts preparation for three companies and a group consolidation
- To assist with budget preparation and forecasting
- To reconcile and perform month end reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- To produce and post monthly journals
- To prepare information for annual corporation tax schedules
- To produce monthly and quarterly vat returns/reconciliations
- To assist with statutory audits and audit information
- To process two salary payrolls and prepare and post salary journals
- Responsible for managing the operation of the pension scheme
- Company embarking on rapid organic and acquisitive growth
- Opportunity to develop corporate finance / transaction services experience during the deal process
- Responsible for forecasting and analysis during the acquisition process
- To investigate the historical financials of companies and to work with existing management on new forecasting for each proposal
- Able to handle multiple proposals at any one time
- To assist with integrating the accounting function of acquired businesses into the Group
- Must be CIMA/ACCA/ACA part-qualified with industry experience
- Strong excel skills
- Sage Line 50 experience an advantage