Business Analyst - Repo Trading - Finance/London - Outside IR35
Want to work with clever people, in an environment where neither politics nor bad habits get in the way of using your talents to deliver great results?
You have found the right place. We are Adaptive, where you, as part of a team of highly skilled software delivery experts, will use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, Real Time solutions for Tier 1 investment banks and commodity trading firms.
This role has been assessed as outside of IR35 using IR35 Shield.
About the project
You would join a medium-sized team distributed in our Europe & North America offices, on an ongoing project that we have been designing, building and operating on behalf of our client.
We have been building a trading platform for repurchase agreements (repos) that supports RFQ negotiation flows involving multiple buy-side and sell-side parties.
The platform is currently used and operated in Europe & North America, and we continue to support its development.
- Applicants will be expected to have significant experience working in the financial sector, with experience working on Real Time trading systems being especially sought after
- Domain knowledge of repurchase agreements (repos) highly appreciated
- Previous experience & knowledge of regulatory items (eg RT24) would be beneficial
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- In particular, the ability to explain even complex concepts clearly through written & visual mediums is expected, so as to create a trusted set of reference documents for the team and for the client
- Ability to work with distributed teams & keep everyone aligned on common goals without meeting face to face
- There is no expectation to be present on site until the current predicament is under control -- Adaptive is taking a safe stance
- Once the situation stabilises and only then, there will be an expectation to be able to come on site in the City of London punctually, on short notice
- Flexibility to support releases in the evening on weekdays (at least once a week)
- Ability to create & maintain a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Actively manage the client's expectations, make assumptions explicit and keep a log of important decisions throughout the engagement
- Actively involve oneself in coming up with a realistic roadmap that mitigates project risk
- Work with UX, QA and developers throughout the backlog building process, to avoid the roadblocks inherent in a sequential process
- Remain closely involved with the team throughout the delivery of the backlog
- Active involvement with design activities
- Take part in Event Storming/Workflow-Driven Design workshops (prior experience a plus)
- Capture and define the processes/workflows impacted by the solution we are delivering
- Propose functional solutions to the client's business problems
- Active involvement with Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing activities
- Write falsifiable Acceptance Criteria
- Test the application manually & write bug reports to the same standard as a tester (if not with the same efficiency)
- Support users during UAT by answering their queries
- Take an active role/the lead in defect investigation & triage
- Experience with the FIX protocol and FIX engines highly valued
- Sufficient understanding of technical idioms
- In particular, an understanding of data structures & communication protocols is expected to allow discussion with technical experts and the capture of related requirements
- Keen understanding of the strengths and potential pitfalls that come with an Agile delivery philosophy, based on extensive personal experience
Some of our success stories include:
An app store that allows users to browse available apps and install to their desktop without Administrator rights. The system provides an auto-update mechanism and also captures usage statistics
Adaptive brought our experience in large scale E-commerce platforms to quickly specify and agree an architecture with the client. The design enabled rapid development in the short term but also granted flexibility and agility in the long term.
We offer a collaborative, cooperative and proactive working environment; we are truly team-oriented. We value different perspectives and experience and encourage our colleagues to share their thoughts, knowledge and experience.
The small print:
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo a background check due to the kind of projects we work on.
Adaptive's Privacy Notice for Candidates:
No agencies: if you insist upon sending us your unsolicited submissions, we'll work out who they are and contact them directly.