Chief Financial Officer - PE backed e-commerce (retail / leisure / consumer)
Our client is an international online retailer based in Yorkshire which has an EBITDA of £4m and an impressive significant double digit growth rate. The business is in a resilient sector of online retail and has achieved significant success since the onset of COVID.
Following recent investment, our client is hiring a new Chief Financial Officer who will help lead the business through the next stage of the investment cycle. They will be inspirational, high energy and will bring a can-do attitude to the table. This is an opportunity for a high calibre candidate to join a fast growing, international, PE backed business. Private equity experience is essential.
- This is an Executive Director role and a key member of the Board;
- Strategic financial leadership responsibility for process, planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities;
- Lead management accounting initiatives to ensure accurate timely reporting for commercial decision making, cost control and cash flow management;
- Budgeting and forecasting;
- Manage the PE and banking relationships;
- Provide effective, timely and analysed management information for the PE investor and Board meetings;
- Assessing, acquiring and implementing all systems which will provide a platform for future growth;
- Manage and develop the finance team;
- Ensuring product pricing is profitable;
- Support the CEO in driving the growth strategy;
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date;
- Manage treasury function (including currency hedging), risk management and company insurances, agreements and licenses.
- Previous experience as a CFO in an e-commerce, retail or consumer based business
- Private Equity experience is essential;
- Proven experience as a CFO in a high growth and fast paced environment;
- Dynamic personality with high energy and drive.
- Hands-on CFO who is adept at getting into the detail;
- Highly commercial and focused on data;
- International experience is desirable;
- In-depth SME experience rather than large corporates;
- Track record of effectively leading and managing successful finance teams;
- Ability to work with a small management team to deliver business growth;
- Strong focus on overall cost control;
- A qualified Accountant or equivalent;
- Hands–on experience of leading finance teams including Tax, Treasury, Risk, Audit;
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills to work closely with external stakeholders including shareholders, lenders, and auditors;
- Problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- Good commercial and negotiation skills combined with an operational awareness and the ability to be hands-on when required;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;