Head of Data Engineering
We are recruiting for a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products
This is a key role to ensure the bank unlocks the value contained in its data and information within the organisation.
Reporting to the CTO the role will be an important member of the CTO Leadership Team.
In this role you will be responsible for providing data engineering leadership, driving its technical strategy, and managing the overall data team - which currently includes data operations, data governance, data analytics and special projects teams.
- Build a best in class data engineering capability by providing technical leadership, strong Cloud-based data platform design & architecture experience, high quality repeatable data pipelines and development best practices Inspire best practice for data platforms, services, and operations within the data teams and the Bank
- Drive the migration from the Bank's on-premise data estate to Microsoft Azure, across transactional data sources, data warehouses, data marts and data feeds.
- Continue to expand and develop the BI & Analytics capability
- Develop the Bank's Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence strategy
- Expand and foster Data Governance, which is critical as a regulated entity
- Work with the CTO team and other senior business leaders in the Bank to identify, plan, develop and deliver data services
- Data engineering & development - set the overall standards for data architecture, technical design, programming tools, agile delivery techniques and pipeline development in a Microsoft Azure based environment.
- Data innovation - Investigating and understand emerging trends in data-related approaches, performing horizon-scanning that present current and future opportunities for the Bank.
- Data integration design - Establishing standards and best practices for data integration at the level required for regulated industries / financial services companies.
- Data Analytics and BI - Understand the various types of visualisation tools in the market, their strengths & weaknesses, and understand best practice in supporting their rollout and usage by the analysis community.
- Data modelling - Detailed knowledge of the concepts and principles of data modelling and can produce, maintain, and update relevant data models for specific business needs.
- Testing - Help define requirements, specifications and define test conditions. You can identify issues and risks associated with work while being able to analyse and report test activities and results.
- Data Governance and Quality - Understand and can help teams apply a range of techniques for data profiling and data quality and understand data policies and protocols, frameworks and patterns.
- Technical Degree such as Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
- Extensive experience working with data and MI
- Proven experience in leading and growing data engineering teams
- Deep experience in core Microsoft Data and Cloud technologies, such as MSSQL, Azure Data Lake, Data Bricks, Data Factory, Event Hub, Synapse Analytics, Analysis Services, Cosmos DB, HDInsight, MS DevOps
- Deep understanding of BI & Analytics tools such as Qlikview, PowerBI and Cognos TM1
- Ideally Financial services, or other regulated entity experience very desirable - Informatica IDQ and MDM experience desirable