Director of Field Sales - UK wide
7 days left
This is an exceptional opportunity for a proven field sales leader, operating at SLT or Board level to join a world class b2b organisation in a transformation/change oriented role, where your remit will include modernising a large field sales team, driving increased customer centricity and introducing Salesforce.com across the workforce.
Further details are outlined below:
Director of Field Sales
As part of a significant investment in the UK business, an opportunity has arisen for a field sales specialist to join the SLT with a clear remit to drive an increase in sales volume, to gain further market share and to increase margin.
Furthermore, there is a need to implement Salesforce.com and to drive the cultural changes associated with the modernisation of a sizeable, customer-facing, sales force.
The business needs to pivot away from product-selling towards solution-selling, and needs to embrace modern, data-led techniques and approaches to ensure the future success of the organisation.
Specific accountabilities as below:
- Full accountability for delivering the sales strategy and revenue targets within the SME customer base (across the UK with current sales c£250m and with a team of 150+)
- Own and deliver the budgeted P&L, including double digit percentile revenue growth year on year
- Establish and deliver a transformation agenda that delivers modernisation, greater efficiency, enhanced productivity and more customer centricity
- Deliver successful strategies for improved new business development, customer acquisition, retention and ‘share of wallet’ growth
- Utilise sales resource to maximise sales coverage for target customers
- Work closely with Sales Operations team, improving systems, processes and technology that enable better selling, improvement of productivity and efficiency that in turn delivers an outstanding commercial performance
- Actively build and improve the sales organisational capability, with a customer-first, high-performing culture, with a clear people development plan
- Provide sponsorship for key talent, introduce sales competency frameworks and leading incentive mechanics that reward high performance, L&D programmes and career maps
- Drive customer digitalisation through the website and other customer facing tools
- Champion collegiate working practices, region by region, between Sales and Operations to improve the customer experience, drive regional growth and improve depot profitability
Applications are invited from ambitious and commercial sales leaders with a longstanding track record of building and leading best-in-class field sales teams.
Required capabilities and experience includes:
- Successful career to date with a core skill set based around sales and commercial leadership
- Extensive, large scale, b2b ‘field-sales’ or ‘rep-led’ sales leadership experience
- Exceptional coaching capability, with a best-in-class motivational style and a people and customer-focused mind-set
- Evidence of the capability to deliver a modernisation-focused transformation programme, based on technology and data-driven processes and behaviours
- Strong intellectual capability, supported by exceptional levels of emotional intelligence, judgement, empathy and an understanding of how to balance the needs of customers with profit growth
- Proven ability to drive change across a large-scale sales team, used to implementing and leveraging modern sales techniques and methodologies, including CRM and other technology-led solutions
- Proven track record in building high-performing sales teams, with high levels of efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- Strong, empathetic, large-scale team leadership experience and a proven developer of talent, an effective coach and an inspiring leader
- Proven strategic business planning skills, with the ability to retain, grow and gain profitable business
- Adept at leveraging robust data, industry insights and customer expertise to build effective plans that deliver optimal outcomes for all parties
- The ability to make commercially robust decisions, which optimise profit and efficiencies, through the interpretation of financial data and application of commercial levers across the p&l
Specific criteria essential for this role:
- SLT or Board level experience
- Previous accountability for B2B revenue in excess of £100m
- A specific and current/recent focus on field sales (face to face) into the SME market (Corporate and National Accounts skills and/or B2C is not relevant)
- Team leadership of in excess of 100 reps/field-sales professionals
- Use of Salesforce.com and a data-led mind-set
In return, our client is offering an upper quartile basic salary, a full benefits package, performance-related bonus and shares. Total package value in excess of £200k.
Apply for Director of Field Sales - UK wide
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly