Lead/Head of Data Architect - Global Utilities Energy
Lead/Head of Data Architect - Global Utilities Energy - MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Python, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka - Brussels
*The ideal candidate will need to be hands-on as you will be looking after a small team and will need to mentor and coach.*
The successful candidate will work at the client's offices in Brussels, report directly to the Manager of Digital. This section is responsible for data management, security management, inter-operability, and infrastructure network.
The role of the Data Architect is concerned with designing, creating, deploying, and managing an organization's data architecture. Data architects define how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way. Therefore, he/she has to define the data strategy of the client and propose guidelines, improvements, and requests to ensure good data quality.
This includes working on different projects to support and/or advise the client staff across all departments in the headquarters.
The Data Architect will dig into the data and retrieve, classify, or design them to help the business to get the needed information in the expected delay.
He/she will also work with different vendors, review, and challenge their proposals to ensure that it is aligned with the defined strategy.
Responsibilities and tasks:
A role is a key person for the Digital Transformation of the client, guardian of the data warehouse! Data enthusiastic, s/he has a helicopter view on our databases to define a strong strategy that will enhance the client to manage efficiently all its challenges. The Lead/Head of Data Architect will have to work on any aspect of data, sometimes with external counterparties, but also on his/her own. The data team is made up of 2 people under the responsibility of the Data Architect.
Key current tasks (which may change over time according to the needs) include:
- Leading data domain;
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using both traditional relational databases as well as 'big data' technologies;
- Designing and implement effective ETL processes, database solutions, and models to store and retrieve company data;
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines;
- Preparing a strategy for technological evolution related to data;
- Performing business/functional analysis and manage vendors to build, develop or improve systems;
- Measuring the quality delivered by vendors and suppliers;
- Datamodelling, relational database management as well as NoSQL;
- Operating on big data sets retrieved from different sources in a high availability environment;
- Comparing and analysing provided statistical information to identify patterns, relationships, and problems;
- Overseeing the migration of data from Legacy systems to new solutions;
- Operational support for the existing analytical projects;
- Mentoring junior profiles within the Digital section.
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect or similar role (minimum 7 years in a similar role);
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.), T-SQL, data integration software (SSIS, Talend, Pentaho or similar), familiarity with visual analytics tools (Tableau, SSRS, etc.);
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.;
- Must have experience coding in object-oriented/object function Scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.;
- Knowledge of data mining techniques;
- Experience in gathering and analysing system requirements;
- Strong analytical skills, able to think strategically;
- Problem-solving attitude, having a good view on the consequences if some risks are not mitigated (and able to explain it to the business);
- Must have solid project management and organizational skill;
- Knowledge of GitLab, JIRA, Confluence, etc.;
- Experience in working in an Agile environment;
- Business fluent in English mandatory (oral and written).
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to (see below)