Global Sourcing Manager
6 days left
This opportunity has been created to further strengthen this business's global sourcing team. The position will be supporting operations locally and internationally and will encourage their growth globally.
Our client is a global medical device manufacturer that offer high quality & innovative solutions to improve the quality of life for their consumers.
- Develop strategies for assigned sourcing commodities and to include spend analysis, market and geographic considerations through driving continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement processes with a major focus on quality, delivery, and cost
- Negotiate, manage, and review contractual arrangements in compliance at the Corporate and worldwide level for major commodities. Consults with legal counsel as required
- Facilitate project meetings to set structure to produce a successful implementation of new and existing products and services. Benchmark internally with cross-functional teams to ensure timely rollouts as specified
- Analyze invoices and contract renewal to keep current pricing to identify yearly cost savings for cost decreases and invoicing issues
- Initiate projects that eliminate non-value-added activities, increase quality and service, and reduce costs. Closely monitor commodity market trends and take advantage of cost reduction, quality improvement, and service improvement opportunities, communicating this information in a matrix organization
- Develop RFQ's, analyze quotations to ensure that proposals meet with government regulations, and accepted trade practices. Strong negotiation skills are required to communicate requirements to potential suppliers and to establish a win-win relationship for all involved
- Demonstrate knowledge of SAP system and supplier business portals for purchasing and services. Develop skills and obtain knowledge in project management, negotiations, and contract terms and conditions. Possess technical knowledge within multiple commodities
- Development and management of Contract Manufacturing/OEM expense budgets
- Responsible for overall business management of top-spend, tier-1 Medical Device Contract Manufacturing/OEM suppliers
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong understanding of the commodity Spends Analysis process. Ability to work with MS Office software to organize data for evaluation
- Excellent interdepartmental skills
- Clear, concise knowledge of medical device industry sourcing practices, supplier landscape, and product validation and qualification practices
- Strong negotiating ability. Must work with supplier and drive cost-saving initiatives
- Ability to communicate to upper management cost savings in clear and concise terms
- Possesses clear and effective leadership and discipline (guides, influences and motivates others toward the accomplishment of a goal)
- Excellent Analytical Skills (effectively supports decisions on factual data and analysis)
- Extensive purchasing, supplier management, and operational experience required. Experience in medical device or the pharma/food industry is a must
- Knowledge of procurement practices and techniques preferred. Comprehension of materials management, procurement, and supply chain models. Knowledge of Total Supplier Management.
- Project management experience essential
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, along with a car allowance and other company benefits.