Group Technical Manager
I've partner with a progressive, growing food manufacturing business on a key Group Technical Manager role. I'm looking to speak with strategic technical leaders who are able to take on a good technical function and make it great!
Our client is a reputable, large food manufacturing business with a well-recognized brand. They are people-orientated with industry-leading customer engagement. Following recent expansion plans our client plan to further develop a good technical function and make if ever better. They want to challenge the industry standard when it comes to customer-centricity and delivers a new UK approach to product quality and integrity.
The Group Technical Manager will be responsible for multiple manufacturing sites in the UK and report to a European Head of Technical. This is a key role to lead the UK Technical strategy and deliver excellence.
Other responsibilities include:
- Drive and deliver a UK technical strategy by supporting and empowering the site Technical Managers
- Support and collaborate with the wider business to continuously improve the Technical Function in a customer-centric way by setting the bar high, driving up quality, reducing customer complaints, and developing the team
- Manage key UK wide projects across Quality and delivering new products to market.
- Be part of a collaborative company culture always seeking to improve quality across all areas of the business.
The successful Group Technical Manager will have the following:
- Have a proven track record operating at a senior, strategic level within quality/technical in food manufacturing
- Worked with a variety of customers including retail and food-service
- Vision and scope to take the business and technical function to the next level challenging excellence
- Flexible on location and able to travel whilst keeping a North Yorkshire base.
Competitive basic salary, car allowance, company pension scheme, annual performance-related bonus, health care, and other business perks.