Project Civil Engineer
6 days left
Civil engineer role with a 5* developer in the West Midlands to join the Technical Department and work autonomously in taking schemes forward from feasibility through planning and build to completion.
The regional office of a volume residential developer, currently delivering around 400units per year. Based in The West Midlands, your sites will cover a 50-mile radius and be a mixture of joint ventures, a sole developer with house types including 2- 5 beds. They are a young team, fresh with ideas to help grow and expand from a new region for which you will be invited to play a key part.
As Technical Coordinator, your role will be concentrated around the civil engineering aspects of residential new build development, from inception to completion. Typical duties will include:
- Supporting the land teams in assessing land viability.
- Appointing, manage, and coordinate consultants in the production of technical information.
- Ensuring that all S38, S104, and S278 Agreements are in place prior to site start and completed through to adoption in a timely manner.
- To make Bond applications to the NHBC and discharge outstanding NHBC Engineering Conditions.
- To prepare CDM pre-tender information for the commercial department.
- Appraise consultant technical designs and seek to improve cost efficiency's where required, without compromising its technical integrity.
The successful candidate will come from a civil engineering background, with experience working on volume residential schemes with developers. You will demonstrate a clear understanding of the process and requirements throughout to ensure information is procured as required and be accurate.
You will be responsible for the engineering aspects of your scheme, and work closely with colleagues, within both technical and other departments. As such, the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team is mandatory.
You will live within a commutable area of the office and have a car in order to make site visits as required.
You will receive a competitive salary commensurate with your experience. In addition, you will receive a company car or car allowance, pension, private healthcare, and an annual bonus of up to 15%.