This Private Equity backed Digital Marketing & Communications company, that targets the International Pharmaceutical and Healthcare sector, are growing rapidly through organic growth and acquisition. As a result of this they are now looking to enhance their Senior Management team with a IT Director.
As the IT Director you will provide the group wide strategic leadership for the organisations evolving IT function. Reporting to the CFO you will be involved in the strategic direction and evolution of this area and for the smooth day to day running of the IT function.
As the IT Director you will have a broad range of responsibilities that will continue to evolve as the company continues its expansion.
These responsibilities will broadly include, but not be limited to the following:
- Define, develop and be responsible for the company IT strategy, including in-source / out-source decisions and modelling.
- Responsible for IT provision and support in the UK and overseas offices, creating scalable solutions to support aggressive organic and acquisition growth plans including but not limited to migration from legacy platforms.
- Lead and oversee the technical and practical operations of the IT function
- Build and develop an IT team, who can support the business across multiple time zones
- Ensure the highest quality, most cost-effective solutions are in place to support all users in their IT experience.
- Design and lead projects from inception to conclusion, delivering continuous improvement
- Select the right IT Infrastructure and services partners to support business initiatives, negotiating competitive terms
- Ensure all statutory requirements are met and adhered to across all business locations, meeting company standards and local requirements.
- Ensuring GDPR is governed, managed and implemented across the IT estate.
- Management of a substantial IT budget, maximising investment spend.
This is an exciting role providing a great opportunity for a driven, motivated and ambitious IT Professional who wants to be part of an agile, dynamic and expanding organisation
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills.
- Degree Educated
- Strong Project Management skills, preferably with a formal project management qualification
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing IT Project budgets
- Track record or leading, motivating and developing an IT Team
- Experience of sourcing, and negotiating commercial terms with the supply chain
- Able to demonstrate experience of developing and driving an IT Strategy in a growing company
- Experience of integrating organisations/departments into a coherent IT strategy and migration from legacy systems
- Strong technical knowledge to include, but not limited to routers, switches, Wireless Access Points (WAP), DNS (hosting services), Core network/cloud technologies, Software/network configuration & design, architecture and infrastructure.
- Analytical and data-driven approach with understanding of SQL, 3NF and big data.
- Understanding of core network and cloud technologies, limitations and scale ability.
- Understanding of data protection and data transfer restrictions of a global company.
- Experience of managing department budgets and getting best value
- Calm and logical - comfortable communicating with all levels and able to instil confidence
- Comfortable working with discretion, dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential situations.
- First class communication skills, written and verbal
- A proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines.
This is an exciting opportunity and a chance to take ownership of an IT Function, to lead it and develop it in line with the company's growth both in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the following:
- Basic Salary ranging between £100,000-£120,000
- Discretionary bonus
- Contributory pension up to 5%
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible holiday package - you are able to 'buy' and 'sell' days
- Private healthcare for family
- Regular incentive schemes aligned to team and individual performance
- Access to an employee discount scheme with offers at 900+ retailers