Site Operations Director
Opportunity: Global Site Operations Director
Location: Working from home with regular International Travel
Salary: £180,000 to £200,000 plus Annual Bonus & Benefits
A world class Property Developer with a track record of developing and operating Data Centre's globally, backed by a major investment management firm is recruiting an experienced Site Operations Director who will be responsible for managing the overall quality and service of the operation and maintenance of critical facility infrastructure systems. This position will support the Engineering department in maintaining relationships with customers. The primary role will be to oversee the work performed by an in-house facilities team to ensure sites are meeting the high and dynamic standards for its internal customers. Providing consistent leadership and support through planning, communication and management of a team of professionals responsible to deliver facility services.
Core responsibilities of the role will include:
- Performing periodic site walk-throughs in order to ensure company procedures and standards are followed. This includes overseeing and coordinating Facilities Managers, Technicians and any other contractors.
- Identifying any vulnerabilities whilst overseeing the 3rd party critical facilities onsite team.
- Communicating the status of the operation process with internal senior & board level management and onsite customers.
- Site acceptance commissioning of facilities to ensure the site meets the superior and dynamic standards of company standards.
- Acting as liaison and coordinating efforts between the contracted vendors and the onsite customers.
- Oversee the development of procedures and method of procedures for data centers build in addition to making ongoing improvements to procedures
- Participating in the interview and selection process for prospective candidates applying to critical facilities positions.
- Auditing installed data centre components. This audit will be used to verify the completion of the job scope by the vendor in addition to verifying the design documentation for the build-out and ongoing operations of the data hall space.
- Provide strategic leadership and implement best practices related to operations for performance and reliability on a variety of state of the art critical systems such as voltage switch gear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, fire detection, monitoring systems etc.
- Supervise the onsite management; facilities manager, facilities technicians and sub-contractors, ensuring that all work is performed according to established practices and procedures.
- Manage customer relationships and act as escalation point of contact.
- Manage the establishment of performance benchmarks, conduct analysis and prepare reports on all aspects of facilities operations and maintenance.
- Work with business leaders to coordinate projects, manage capacity and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Budget and Profit & Loss responsibility.
- Experience in supervising large teams of internal and external operations staff.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills in leading meetings both in conference and in person.
- Superior analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and an appreciation of company services and structure to support operations.
- Highly organized with proven project management capabilities.
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities and manage conflicts.
Qualifications and experience required:
- A Degree in any type of Engineering discipline or another related field.
- Extensive critical facility operations and maintenance experience.
- Significant leadership experience in a critical facilities operation environment.
- Experience of working globally across a range of diverse cultural environments, would be an advantage.
- A strong track record and understanding of critical electrical and mechanical / HVAC equipment.
- You will have a clean driving license.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and to learn more about the firm's rapid growth and expansion, please contact Rob Joslin (Director) on +44 (0) 203 757 5000 or email
Transparency Notice to Prospective Candidates