MEP Project Director
MEP Project Director
An experienced MEP Contracts Project Director is required to join a busy team in one of the world's largest Data Centres in London. The role is a full-time permanent position and being classified as a Key Worker role working in a critical environment you will need to be available to work 5 days on site. In return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £95,000 (depending on experience) + excellent benefits (travel allowance, bonus scheme, pension, health insurance).
The Company is the pioneering data centre colocation provider, an owner operator of Tier III data centres, connectivity and managed ICT solutions to over 2000 market leading corporations around the world. In the UK the data centre campus facilitates the majority of the London Internet Exchange's (LINX) capacity, meaning that the organisation supports a huge proportion of all UK internet traffic, making the campus a globally important internet hub.
Project Director Overview
Plan, control, and co-ordinate the delivery of Business As Usual engineering and construction projects to meet required time, cost, quality, value, risk and safety parameters. (up to £5m). A key skill and experience that is required for the role is Contract Management and experience of MEP.
Key responsibilities of the Project Director:
- Master Programme -assist with the development of a Master Programme for BAU project work.
- Due Diligence -assist with organising and/or carrying out due diligence surveys
- Comply with all policies and procedures in connection with project delivery including administration of Access Requests, RAMS approvals and permits to work.
- Recognise the need for any additional resources (internal/external) in connection with the implementation of a project. Assist with the organisation and procurement of resource.
- Develop a detailed project programme, for each BAU project and monitor progress.
- In conjunction with in-house and/or external cost managers, monitor the development of a detailed project budget. Participate in seeking funding approval as required. Monitor expenditure against budget.
- Engage with in-house and/or external design teams and monitor the development of designs. Seek authorisation of design proposals at key work stages. Review and challenge the design as required.
- Assist with procuring design teams, plant & equipment, and contractors. Check tender documentation issued for completeness. Administer tender clarifications. Assist with tender evaluations and recommendations.
- Implement a formal change control process for any change to time, cost, specification or scope. Seek approval for the change prior to implementation. Escalate any issues.
- In conjunction with in-house and/or external engineers develop a Testing & Commissioning plan. Organise attendances at testing and commissioning activities, record defects/anomalies, and ensure matters are resolved.
- Raise Purchase Request Forms (PRF's) and monitor approvals for the release of Purchase Orders (PO) on the deployed accounting system. Liaise frequently with Procurement and Accounting teams to expedite matters and/or resolve issues.
- Fully utilise the deployed document management system relating to Projects.
Essential requirements needed for the Project Director role:
- Extensive experience in data centre or mission critical projects environments.
- Strong MEP project experience and knowledge
- Technical and Project Management and Leadership competence demonstrated by work experience and/or qualifications.
- Strong Contract Design Management skills and expertise
- Working within a team in a hands-on role
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active approach.
- Commercial Awareness
If you feel you have the skills and experience, then please click 'Apply' today