Head of Employment, Skills And Enterprise
Head of Employment, Skills & Enterprise - Wembley - 5 Month Contract - £500 a day Umbrella (Inside IR35)
We have an exciting opportunity for Head of Employment, Skills & Enterprise to join the team of a public sector organisation within Wembley.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- To act as the organisations principal advisor on employment, skills and enterprise, lead policy and strategy development, and to assist the organisation to influence, and respond, to public policy and new Government or regional initiatives.
- To lead the development and operation of the Employment, Skills and Enterprise Service to achieve the organisations strategic priorities to improve residents' skills, help them to access quality employment, support business growth, town centre improvements and diversification.
- Success in implementing complex and /or large scale strategic and/or operational change programmes and motivating people to achieve outstanding results.
- To lead the development and delivery of the employment, skills and enterprise agenda within the organisation and with partner organisations. This requires proactive adjustment to changing national, regional and local policy and economic context.
- To lead external partnerships with the business community, employment and skills partners, the voluntary and community sector, as well as key policy and funding bodies.
To be suitable for this opportunity; the following qualifications or experience is required:
- Understanding of policy, programmes and good practice regarding economic development, town centre regeneration, employment guidance, support and outcomes, and adult education.
- The legislative, funding, accreditation and inspection frameworks within which the service operates, including relevant Government priorities and expectations and new challenges.
- Senior level leadership of customer focused services and continuous service improvement in a relevant economic development, education learning, training or employment related organisation of similar scope and complexity.
- Demonstrable and successful experience of leading strategy development and effective problem solving/resolution.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with high levels of credibility and authority.
- Highly effective communication, negotiating and influencing skills and demonstrable experience of productive stakeholder and partner engagement.
For further information and to apply then please contact Deanna at STR on 02392322381 and email a copy of your most recent CV by clicking on apply.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.