Head of Transport
Role: Head of Transport
Contract Length: 6 Months
Location: Remote (candidate will be expected to travel 2-3 days per week to different sites in the UK)
Salary: £800/day (umbrella) + £7500 expenses across the contract
Security Clearance: BPSS
Ref: PSR1JP(phone number removed)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all operations under your supervision operate in accordance with defined Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures as laid down by QSHE Manager. Specifically, packaging and transport requirements for patient samples - UN3773. The requirements for the road transport of UN 3373 are specified in Packing Instruction 650 of ADR.
- Commit to a level of due diligence to ensure 3PL Transport operations are being conducted in accordance with operator's licence expectations. I.e. the legal authority needed to operate goods vehicles in Great Britain.
- * Manage the relationship between DHSC, integrator, Lighthouse Labs, Channel test sites and external 3PL's and ensure all are aligned to common goals with clear accountability in the value chain.
- Establish performance metric and reviews: [Q,C,D]. Ensure challenging but SMART targets are set & published and drive continuous and incremental improvement initiatives to achieve them (externally or Internally stimulated).
- Prepares and facilitates Ops calls, daily business reviews, weekly business reviews, quarterly business reviews, customer service /multi partner workshops to solve problem or make improvements across the Supply chain.
- Advises DHSC proactively on critical situations along with the expected impact and mitigation actions planned. Ensure creation nd maintenance of BCP's.
- Produce and communicate transport plans / forecasts on a regular basis for BAU and unique plans to cover holiday periods e.g. Christmas.
- Make necessary plan adjustments as required to satisfy programme KPI's and operational challenges. E.g. Laboratory blow outs
- Define and incrementally adjust the transport strategy in response to changes in programme strategy, engage and communicate changes to providers.
- Manages transportation related escalations
- Drives root-cause analysis and the successful implementation of corrective actions with causing parties to improve service or cost, or to resolve a problem
- Work with Head of Warehousing and Head of Laboratories to ensure end to end component material and sample transport are aligned.
- Previous experience with UN3373 and packaging instruction 650 of ADR requirements. This could be from a pharma background or courier road haulage experience
- Experience managing relationships across the whole supply chain
- Experience setting transport strategy and defining performance metrics
- CPC National and / or International qualified
- Former regional/site 'O' license holder
- Extensive transport experience at either a Shift Manager or Manager level
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance, drivers' hours and WTDs.
- Have worked in a 3PL or 4PL environment previously
- Familiar with transport management systems
- Experience of managing a courier network is advantageous
CV Deadline: Monday 5th October at 10am
Interview Process: 1 stage teams call with the manager
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV to Aspect Resource by clicking on apply.