Business Development Manager - FM industry
Business Development Manager for an established leader in the parking and facilities management industry with blue chip clients in the UK and Spain. They offer an end-to-end solution for parking, from technology that allows you to track, monitor and gather data on car park usage, to the best in parking services and facilities management.
As Business Development Manager you will both identify and develop new and existing revenue streams, markets, and strategic relationships with potential clients and partners. You will devise and set the sales strategy for the group and will be expected to structure and resource the sales team in line with that strategy. You will oversee business development initiatives and guide the sales team from the opportunity lead phase through the contract phase. You will be involved with and influence product development and POCs of new services. Specific tasks include developing proposal and pitch materials, developing internal marketing materials, and maintaining communications with prospective clients. An ability to multi-task and prioritise is critical to the success of this role. The Business Development Director will report directly into the Commercial Director and the Board, and frequently collaborate with as well as lead others to produce concepts and proposals.
The BDM runs the pitch process from start-to-finish, including assessing initial opportunities, collaborating with key internal stakeholders on pitch deliverables, interfacing with prospective clients, developing the proposal and pitch materials, including commercials and revenue forecasts, case studies, initial POVs on prospective clients' businesses, strategic presentations, and all written components of a proposal.
What We'd Like to See
- Extensive client-facing experience, with a background in business development, client services or strategy.
- A comprehensive understanding of client business goals and strategic imperatives and ability to help the pitch team develop strategic deliverables including written and creative assignments that represent the client's needs.
- Experience creating written business development proposals and marketing materials.
- A strong commercial acumen, with experience and expertise in putting together revenue and profit projections
- A proven track-record in developing and building a sales team, and achieving high profit and sales targets
- A proven track-record in setting and delivering a sales strategy, including breaking into new markets, opening up new revenue streams and testing/piloting new products/services that have become successful.
- The ability to actively manage relationships with prospective clients from initial conversation though the close.
- Experience in dealing with and selling to Director and C-Level Clients and Blue-Chips
- Passion for digital and desire to keep up with the latest digital trends.