Fleet Operations Director
Job role: Fleet Operations Director
Contract Type: Full time / Permanent role
Location: Head office based in the Central Midlands area.
Financial Package: Up to £80,000 per year, Car or allowance & a very generous benefits package
My client, a specialist HGV Fleet Hire & Leasing organisations with sites across the UK is actively seeking to employ a Fleet Operations Director.
Full responsibility for all operational activities of the multi-site network and maintenance of the short and long-term assets. Ensuring the operational team deliver a first-class service provision to our customers, whilst adhering to the health and safety policies of the business.
Continuously reviewing the strategy and delivery of the maintenance proposition to ensure the business aligns to the ever-developing technology.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Monitor and ensure full legislative compliance of all short- and long-term assets
- To ensure that all vehicles are maintained to the highest standards whilst ensuring maintenance costs are kept within maintenance budgets.
- To ensure the operational team pro-actively supports customers whilst properly interrogating maintenance to ensure the business is only authorising work it is responsible for and that all manufacturer warranties and relationships are maximised.
- Provide strong leadership and clear direction to the operational teams and technicians.
- To ensure all maintenance jobs are processed efficiently, so suppliers are paid to terms.
- To manage multi-site maintenance provision, ensuring all suppliers, both internal and external are completing all maintenance and repairs to the highest standard.
- To develop strategic, long term alliances with key customers, suppliers and business partners
- To provide a high level of technical expertise and support to the operational managers to ensure their skills and competence levels are to the level required to deliver an exceptional service.
- Attract, retain and develop people in order that the operations are properly resourced
- Define and manage the Health & Safety Plan, to ensure full compliance to HSE standards across the business
- Develop a robust method of continuous improvement
- Reduce waste and improve efficiency wherever possible
- To work on new business opportunities checking specification of vehicles are compliant, identifying robust maintenance solutions and validating the commercial pricing of the maintenance element for the opportunity.
- Liaise closely with the on site customers to ensure that their requirements are met on an ongoing basis, to maximise expansion opportunities
- To make sure that the fleet management system is used to the required standards in order to provide accurate reporting on each contract
- To look after a number of rental locations within the designated geographical patch ensuring compliance and queries are dealt with in a timely manner.Essential Skills
- Term served apprenticeship evidenced by City & Guilds levels 1,2 and 3 in heavy vehicle technology or equivalent
- Strong technical understanding and experience of heavy commercial vehicles
- Proven ability in situational analysis and problem solving
- Full understanding of legal compliance
- Demonstrates high standards of leadership and integrity in technical and commercial matters
- Strong interpersonal aptitudes and team management ability
- Good understanding of health and safety legislation and its application in a workshop environment
- Proven ability to add value to the business
- Good communicator at all levels
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure with autonomy and as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills.
This role is a particular priority for my client as they are very keen to expand their operation as soon as possible, the successful applicant will be a key component in this expansion, as such there will be significant progression opportunities in the future.
To make an application for this exciting role with one of the UK's leading Lease Hire & Rental organisations, send your current CV via this advert or alternatively for further information, call Gary on (phone number removed) for a confidential conversation