My client, a small housing association in the southeast is looking for an experienced interim head of governance with gravitas, excellent relationship building, and stakeholder management skills which are proven in this digital age.
Reporting to the CEO this individual must be experienced in social housing governance. The overall purpose of the role is to act as the internal expert on governance and regulation and to work with the board and executive team to ensure that the highest standards of governance are in place. Also fulfilling the role of co-sec they will be taking over from the outgoing head of governance to enable effective decision making to continue, and to ensure there is an effective governance administration service in place to support the work of the Board and Committees.
Other deliverables include:
- Ensure the organisation maintains and documents full compliance with the regulatory framework, health and safety, and other key obligations.
- Working with a recently formed director team (including two outside sector hires) to embed a proactive governance approach and ensure their roles and responsibilities within the framework are understood
- Ensure the timeliness and completeness of filing of all corporate returns to the Social Housing Regulator, Companies House, and the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Lead on reporting to the board, committees, and executive as required on governance and management related matters
- Provide strong leadership and direction to all line reports, including matrix management of executive assistants undertaking committee administration
- In addition to this, the post is also accountable for the leadership, management, and performance for all activities included in the governance function.
This role can be undertaken in 4 or 5 days a week