Head of Commercial Finance & Investment
JOB TITLE: Head of Commercial Finance & Investments
LOCATION: South West London
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 6 month contract
PAY RATE: £550 - £600 per day (Umbrella)
IR35 STATUS: Inside
Role Profile: To lead the shared commercial finance and investments team, which acts as the finance lead on both Councils commercial projects, coordinates the capital programme, leads the treasury management function and supports the HRA.
The remit of the role is to deliver strategic leadership and management to the Shared Finance Service and be accountable for commercial finance and investment activities. The post holder will be the strategic lead on commercial finance for the councils and be responsible for the provision of sound advice and support to commercial activities. The
post holder will lead on investment decision making and be responsible for capital programme development, HRA business planning, financial modelling, treasury management and investment financing.
Strategic Leadership and Management:
- Take collective responsibility as part of the Shared Finance Service Management Team for delivering activities that will realise the Shared Finance Service ambition to add value, inspire success
- Demonstrate strong and confident leadership of the Shared Finance Service, inspiring staff to deliver excellent finance services.
- Lead the Shared Finance Service to develop a culture that reflects the INSPIRE values and to achieve business plans and corporate objectives
- Have a good understanding of the role and function of all finance teams to be able to contribute to the strategic management of the service as part of the Shared Finance Service Management Team.
- Provide strategic support and advice to Council committees, Councillors, Member boards and corporate governance arrangements in financial matters.
What we're looking for:
- Someone with strong commercial acumen and the ability to provide effective support and challenge on complex commercial projects.
- They will be expected to work with external partners and advisors on a range of projects & activities and will need to be confident producing and interpreting complex commercial and financial models as well as providing support and challenge to senior stakeholders.
- They will need to be a confident communicator as well as confident in financial analysis.
- They may not necessarily have come from a local authority background but would need to quickly adapt to the nuances of local authority finances and understand a range of financing options for large scale projects.
- They must have an understanding of working in a political organisation and local government funding & financing opportunities, and need to be confident working remotely with minimal supervision at a senior level.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser