Finance Business Partner
Our client is a uniquely positioned group focused on ‘blended finance’ with a series of companies that finance infrastructure within frontier markets - through equity investing, lending, or guarantees - to mobilise private sector investment in developing countries. The group is primarily funded by a number of governments but works closely with the private sector in a commercial manner to finance much-needed investment in infrastructure to help alleviate poverty.
As a result of growth and exciting long-term plans for the group, they are looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner, reporting to the Group Head of Finance. The role represents a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in an organisation delivering measurable and real impact. There is an opportunity for flexible working and reduction to a 4-day working week, should this be desirable.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Group Head of Finance, Group CFO, Exec team, and the outsourced manager of a credit fund
- Review/challenge and then monitor the budget and overall performance
- Co-ordinate key reporting requirements including monthly flash, liquidity reporting, quarterly business review, annual plan. This includes reviewing variance analysis, banking covenant calculations, reporting to lenders, fee calculations – oversee and challenge
- Assess the appropriateness of financial controls, steer improvements where necessary, review transparency reporting. Supporting the Audit Committee in terms of fund reporting and oversee the production of statutory accounts and associated audit processes
- Group treasury management
- Develop and enhance policies relating to group-wide treasury management including cash management, FX exposures, and interest rate mismatches
- Work with the group companies’ bankers to establish and implement group-wide cash management, including deposit rates, etc.
- Support and advise group companies on cash management issues, FX, and interest rate risk management
- Support the Group Chief Risk Officer / Group CFO with the development and rollout of risk-adjusted economic capital and associated management and pricing – working towards risk-adjusted profitability metrics for the group companies and their projects to be blended with Development Impact
- Group tax advisory
- Working with the group companies to advise and support them on tax queries relating to the countries across which the group funds projects
- Update working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any company-specific information to ensure companies are tax compliant in all jurisdictions that they operate in, maintaining relationships with tax advisors.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or CIMA)
- Exposure to long term financial planning and modelling as well as group-wide reporting, planning, and budgeting
- Financial services experience (particularly in commercial/wholesale lending, treasury and balance sheet management) and/or experience with working with government departments or PPP arrangements an advantage
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- Interest in / ideally working knowledge of impact investing or blended finance
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong Excel, report writing and communication skills (including presenting to Board Level Committees)