Production Manager - High Volume Manufacturing
2 days left
As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for driving best practice and cultural change in a safe and effective manner driving operational excellence, employee engagement and customer satisfaction.
My client is a leading manufacturer within it's sector. Renowned for the quality of it's engineering solutions, it has continued to grow rapidly year on year.
As the Production Manager, you will be accountable for delivering excellence across safety, quality, cost, performance, and delivery in a fast-paced, high volume production environment. Further responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Ensure the sites complies with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and ensure all company health and safety codes of practice and policies are communicated and followed.
- Devise and implement sound policies, plans, and procedures to achieve build schedule adherence, OTIF delivery, and right-first-time every time quality.
- Co-ordinate resources (people and plants) to meet production schedules and customer demand in an efficient manner.
- Assist with the implementation of the operational strategy and the associated metrics such as near-miss reporting, schedule adherence, machine utilisation, minimising the cost of poor quality, staff engagement, and productivity.
- Identify investment opportunities to drive efficiency and output.
- Create and implement best practices in manufacturing, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational excellence.
- Act as coach and mentor; ensuring individual staff has the support and opportunity to reach their full potential. Assess training and development needs and produce and execute appropriate plans.
- Support the development of a Continuous Improvement culture through the deployment of appropriate Lean principals and behaviours.
- Collaborate with other departments and managers; provide input to company planning; contribute to Management Team to ensure the smooth running of the company.
- Support the introduction of new processes and products and improvements to existing processes and products.
You will a proven track record of success within a management role in a fast-paced, high volume, and challenging environment. You will be a proven innovator and change agent - both operationally and culturally.
As a collaborative leader with strong influencing skills, you will be highly engaging and able to create a high-performance environment with excellent levels of accountability. The safety of your colleagues must and will be at the forefront of everything you do as will be a strong, customer-centric approach.
Key selection criteria will include;
- Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety best practice and a proven track record in creating and sustaining safe environments.
- Leading a fast-paced, high volume production, or manufacturing environment with a high labour count as well as large levels of capital equipment.
- Sound practical knowledge of lean manufacturing principles with the ability to demonstrate their implementation and derived benefits.
As well as the opportunity to work for a market-leading and growing business, my client offers a generous salary of c£70,000 to £75,000 DOE plus excellent benefits.