Part time - Finance Director
A start-up Investment Management Firm.
- Managing all the financials
- Helping build a fit for purpose finance function that over time will become institutional and scalable
- Ensuring all invoicing and payments are managed correctly
- Reviewing and checking quarterly management accounts
- Reviewing and checking quarterly VAT returns
- Reviewing and negotiating yearly company insurance contracts
- Reviewing and Implementing GDPR compliance processes and controls
- Responsible for creating and implementing process and controls for management of financial affairs
- Checking and reviewing quarterly fund NAV calculations as carried by outsourced providers
- Checking and reviewing LP subscription/redemption calculations
- Assisting with client on-boarding processes - working with custodian/broker and compliance
- Using alpha desk to reconcile custodian data with shadow NAV to ensure performance is measured correctly
- Researching and implementing GIPS compliant performance measurement accounts for fund
- Taking part in due diligence calls from potential investors
- Assisting founder with ad hoc business development projects
- Qualified accountant - ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Experience of working in an FCA regulated environment including a solid understanding of the working relationship between fund advisor, fund administrator, and custodian
- Commercially astute with the ability to understand the bigger picture while not being afraid to get into the details when it comes to the financials.
- A self-starter and confident communicator who will enjoy being part of a small team focused on growth
An excellent part-time opportunity that would be ideal for someone who wants to combine a successful career with family life for example or as part of a portfolio career.