With over 100 year's history, Pure Executive are delighted to be supporting this family business to recruit this critical role where you will bring strong financial leadership and operational experience to support continued growth. The purpose of this newly created role is to develop strong financial controls & reporting, drive operational performance & efficiencies, and act as a business partner to the shareholders supporting decision making. You will play an active role in strategy and be a key member of the executive team.
You will develop a strong control / governance framework, and lead the finance team to produce meaningful reporting, which in turns supports decision making and profitability across commercial, production, supply chain, and head office functions.
Key Financial Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, and support the finance team. Manage the delivery of effective processing across AP, AR, Credit Control, Management Reporting, Financial Accounting, and Payroll.
- Develop management reporting providing greater insight, challenge, and recommendations to improve company performance.
- Introduce relevant KPI's and MI reporting across all business functions.
- Provide information to the Managing Director and SMT to ensure effective financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Cash flow management and forecasting.
- Establish strong relationships with the bank and finance partners to meet the needs of the business. Manage all key service provider relationships to ensure the business always gets value for money services.
- Build appropriate financial controls including authority levels that are agreed by the Board for all transaction types. Ensure controls are commensurate with business priorities and standards. Introduce strong governance and mitigate risks.
- Manage the audit process, ensuring all statutory reporting and tax filing completed on time and within reporting guidelines.
- Prepare and asses reports and documentation relating to any M&A or major CAPEX expenditure.
Key Operational Responsibilities:
- Work closely with, and provide leadership to production and operations. Review performance through daily / weekly dashboards across production, supply chain, and HSE. Improve performance and mitigate risk.
- Continuous review and develop of IT processes and systems.
- Take ownership and responsibility for health, safety, and environmental performance
- Lead continuous improvement and quality programmes.
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant with experience gained within manufacturing, engineering or processing. You must be performance led and be able to demonstrate where you have driven efficiencies across the business particularly within a factory environment. This is a leadership role and you will be able to provide vision, strategic acumen, and prove that you can deliver it within the executive team. Strong systems development and process improvement experience is essential.
You will have Board level experience, ideally gained within a medium sized privately owned business. Emotional intelligence, strong communications skills, commercial acumen, and a can-do attitude will be key traits.
This is a key appointment for the family as they transition in time to a non-family leadership team. You will play a critical role in the continued success of this established and successful business.
For more information please contact Tom Earl at Pure Executive.