1 day left
Technical Manager with strong preconstruction experience in residential development invited to join lead projects for a PLC developer. You will be directly responsible for all planning, architectural and engineering aspects of your schemes.
House builder focused on place-making through considered master planning and sensitive house type design. The proudly boast more awards for design and delivery than any other house builder and are in fact themselves the competition. They welcome innovation are keen for like minded individuals to come be part of their journey.
As Technical Manager, you will work on developments in packages from land feasibility right through to completion, and have overarching responsibility for planning, architecture and engineering aspects on your schemes.
Typical duties include:
- Provide technical advice on demolition, drainage, services, highways and foundations.
- Inspect and appraise land opportunities in conjunction with Land team and provide initial feasibility appraisals to enable a decision to be made whether to proceed with an offer.
- Liaise with architect to ensure comments on drawings are communicated and monitor progress of drawings.
- Liaise with Local Authorities and provide information to architect and Development team to enable the design solution to be advanced.
- Liaise with external Planning Consultants and architects to ensure that programme for planning applications (often set out within options) are complied with.
- Check Section 106 agreements and other planning agreements.
- Oversee the checking and completion of Section 38, Section 278 and Section 104 agreements and the management of Bond and Supervision fees by the Managing Engineer.
- Oversee the checking and approval of wayleave and services agreements.
- Register properties with NHBC / Building Control.
- Full job description will be provided upon request.
Ideally you will have experience within volume residential development. You will have either an Architectural, Civil Engineering or Planning background and ideally with an understanding across all three aspects. The role will allow you to look after projects from cradle to grave, so you will have had similar experience, with a strong experience up front at feasibility.
Organisation and communication is key in this role and you will be strong in both areas. You enjoy working with people to deliver the best solution whether that be by applying existing knowledge or thinking creatively to develop bespoke solutions; you take pride in what you do and are open to new ideas in order to fully explore and correctly implement them.
Competitive starting salary working within a busy regional office of a national developer who are serious about creating place.
On top of salary you will receive multiple benefits including car/car allowance, generous annual bonus, private healthcare and generous pension contributions.
You will receive continuous support in developing your knowledge in the areas you aren't as confident in in order for you to carry out your role to the best of your abilities.