Parkinson Lee Executive Search, part of the Elevation Recruitment Group, are the retained partner to MJ Gleeson plc as they seek to appoint a Financial Controller for their homes division.
MJ Gleeson is a high-growth PLC, listed on the Main Index of the London Stock Exchange, specialising in housebuilding and strategic land trading.
The Group operates two businesses:
- Gleeson Homes - operating in the North and Midlands building high-quality, low-cost homes to young, first-time buyers on low to mid incomes, where they are needed, for people who need them most
- Gleeson Strategic Land - operating in the South promoting land and enhancing its value by securing mainly residential planning consent
MJ Gleeson is a highly profitable business and the Group has experienced rapid growth over recent years, particularly in the Homes Division, with ambitious growth plans for the future.
In addition, the business is currently undergoing a period of exciting transformation and cultural change. Finance is a highly valued commercial function within the business and is at the heart of all key strategic decisions.
Due to the continued growth and success, the organisation now needs to further strengthen its high calibre finance team with the appointment of a new Financial Controller within its Homes Division.
The Financial Controller role is a newly created position within the organisation and will form a pivotal part of the finance management team. Due to the increased focus and demand on finance to support the wider business, this is a fantastic opportunity for a prospective candidate to take on high profile role where they will be provided with the platform, with the support of the Finance Director, to make it their own.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Key member of the senior finance team supporting the Homes Finance Director
- Ownership over the production of monthly management accounts for the Homes Division
- Regular balance sheet and cashflow reviews, ensuring key reconciliations undertaken
- Development of weekly, monthly and annual reporting of actual results
- Analysing trends to inform key operational decision makers
- Oversight and involvement in preparation of budgets and financial forecasts
- Key involvement in interactions with external audit and tax advisors
- Provide direction and supervision to the Management Accounts team
- Specific projects and other analysis as required by the Homes FD, CFO and wider business
- Regular interaction with the CFO and other members of the Homes Senior Management Team
Due to the fast paced and dynamic nature of the business; the drive, ambition, and attitude of potential applicants, is just as important as their technical skills. Gleeson has a strong track record of providing development and progression opportunities for their staff and in return they ask for hard work, passion for the brand and a drive to produce work to the highest standards.
The successful candidate will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with post qualification experience in a financial management position. In addition, we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate a strong understanding of management accounting and recent practical experience of driving process improvements and better utilisation of IT systems.
This is a unique opportunity to come available on the South Yorkshire market and would be a fantastic next step for any ambitious Finance Manager/Financial Controller. For a confidential discussion or to express your interest, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Commercial Real Estate Construction