Director of Field Sales
We are a market-leading b2b organisation with a nationwide presence. Due to a recent promotion and a wider organisational restructure, an opportunity has been created for a transformational, field-sales Director to join the commercial team to help drive the next phase of growth and modernisation.
This role will suit a genuine expert in building and leading a modern, best-in-class field sales team of significant scale.
Specific accountabilities as below:
- Full accountability for delivering the sales strategy and revenue targets within the SME customer base (across the UK with current sales c£200m and with a team of 100+)
- Own and deliver the budgeted P&L, including double digit percentile revenue growth
- Establish and deliver a transformation agenda that delivers modernisation, greater efficiency, enhanced productivity and more customer centricity
- Deliver successful strategies for improved new business development, customer acquisition, retention and ‘share of wallet’ growth
- Utilise sales resource to maximise sales coverage for target customers
- Work closely with Sales Operations team, improving systems, processes and technology that enable better selling, improvement of productivity and efficiency that in turn delivers an outstanding commercial performance
- Actively build and improve the sales organisational capability, with a customer-first, high-performing culture, with a clear people development plan
- Provide sponsorship for key talent, introduce sales competency frameworks and leading incentive mechanics that reward high performance, L&D programmes and career maps
- Drive customer digitalisation through the website and other customer facing tools
- Champion collegiate working practices, region by region, between Sales and Operations to improve the customer experience, drive regional growth and improve depot profitability
Applications are invited from ambitious and commercial sales leaders with a longstanding track record of building and leading best-in-class field sales teams.
Required capabilities and experience includes:
- Successful career to date with a core skill set based around sales and commercial leadership
- Extensive, large scale, b2b ‘field-sales’ or ‘rep-led’ sales leadership experience
- Strong track record of leading by example across new business and account management scenarios, up-selling and cross-selling
- Exceptional coaching capability, with a best-in-class motivational style and a people and customer-focused mindset
- Evidence of the capability to deliver a modernisation-focused transformation programme, based on technology and data-driven processes and behaviours
- Strong intellectual capability, supported by exceptional levels of emotional intelligence, judgement, empathy and an understanding of how to balance the needs of customers with profit growth
- Proven ability to drive change across a large-scale sales team, used to implementing and leveraging modern sales techniques and methodologies, including CRM and other technology-led solutions
- Proven track record in building high-performing sales teams, with high levels of efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- Strong, empathetic, large-scale team leadership experience and a proven developer of talent, an effective coach and an inspiring leader
- Proven strategic business planning skills, with the ability to retain, grow and gain profitable business
- Adept at leveraging robust data, industry insights and customer expertise to build effective plans that deliver optimal outcomes for all parties
- The ability to make commercially robust decisions, which optimise profit and efficiencies, through the interpretation of financial data and application of commercial levers across the p&l
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU ARE A SPECIALIST IN LEADING LARGE FIELD-BASED or REPPED SALES TEAMS. THIS IS A VERY SPECIFIC ROLE AND ONLY THIS SKILL IS RELEVANT.
Apply for Director of Field Sales
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly