Head of Innovation Consulting
****OCTOBER 2020 LIVE ROLE ****
Lead a strategic advisory consulting team working closely with Product Development to support client Innovation, Research and Development
Our client is an international consulting company supporting their clients’ product innovation lifecycle. They work with the R&D divisions of major global corporations as well as with embryonic disruptors on a variety of leading-edge propositions across a range of vertical markets including: medical, consumer, food & beverage, energy and industrial markets. They apply their technical and innovative expertise to enable their clients to turn ideas into successful commercial reality.
Reporting to the Divisional Managing Director the Head of Innovation Consulting is a new role and has been created to enable further growth of this key service offering.
You will be working with some of the best minds in the industry on consulting projects that provide market and industry insight for product, process and business innovation including:
• Building strategy: the assessment of market and technology landscapes for clients looking to develop technologies or invest for further growth
• Identifying acquisition targets for clients looking to enter new markets
• Assessing technologies and evaluating commercial options
• Characterising industry supply chains, business models and market dynamics to identify and define technology enabled opportunities for disruption
• Work with business development to shape and sell consulting and associated R&D/product innovation
• Provide thought leadership and advise on and shape propositions
• Lead the business operations including building revenue and managing utilisation
• Talent development, leadership and people management
Salary and package:
£110,000 - £130,000 + bonus + benefits
Location and mobility:
Role could be based from Guildford, London or Cambridge locations. Post Covid, some UK and internationally mobility will be required including US.
Please check you meet the following mandatory requirements before applying:
- Experience of shaping and evaluating future markets/product innovation/R&D within a management consulting firm
- A good understanding of technology (NB not specifically IT) and an appreciation of product innovation, design and R&D
- Experience of supporting the sale of consulting assignments
- Experience of practice leadership and managing a department/function
- A technical/scientific degree qualification
We can only accept job applications from candidates who meet the essential selection criteria above and have current Right to Work in the UK.
Please apply to Sheila Bradbury, in strictest confidence, quoting reference: EA-6026-SB.
WE REPLY TO ALL JOB APPLICATIONS! Please note that we will not send your CV to any third parties without your explicit consent.