Zachary Daniels Finance is proud to be partnering with a family-owned FMCG brand boasting a rich heritage, loyal customer base, and ambitious domestic & international growth plans.
The business was founded nearly a century ago and is now in its 4th generation of family ownership. This family history is something which is woven into the very fabric and culture of the company and will be of utmost importance for the new Finance Director to understand.
The performance of the business has been strong since it began trading, it has also not faltered during recent months which many other businesses have unfortunately found difficult.
About the role:
The new Finance Director will play a fundamental role in supporting the MD, but also improving the finance function's business partnering capacity, planning, process & control framework, as well as overall governance. The Finance Director will also ensure system improvements are implemented once an effective appraisal has been made with regard to the appropriate requirements. It is essential that the role holder takes a 'hands-on approach', particularly in the short and medium-term. The current finance team is small, which will require the Finance Director to adopt a very broad scope of responsibilities, particularly at the outset. Once the initial short term deliverables have been achieved, the FD will then be expected to play a key role in expanding the business in the UK as well as internationally, where there is significant market potential to be exploited.
- An active member of the executive team and will help the board formulate and execute strategic plans
- Lead, manage and transform the finance team to become a proactive team, fit for purpose with people-centric values
- 'Hands-on' production of commercial management information, monthly management accounts, and annual accounts, delivered on a timely basis
- Budgeting & forecasting, taking guidance from relevant stakeholders and directors
- Introduction and implementation of new systems, processes, and procedures to streamline the production of management information
- Improvement of controls as and where necessary to ensure that the wider board and the External Auditors can be confident in the overall operation of the business
- Review and report to the board on all financial matters
- Ensure that all Tax (Direct or Indirect) and relevant compliance issues are understood and dealt with in a timely manner
- Hold the position of Company Secretary and ensure that the highest levels of corporate governance are attained
- Champion best practice helping to develop a culture of high integrity which embraces openness and robust values
- Lead and manage change.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent, likely to hold at least c.10 years PQE
- Prior experience in a number one finance capacity, preferably within an SME environment
- Experience and understanding of managing change
- Experience gained within an SME Family owned and/or FMCG environment (preferably food & beverage)
- Exposure to managing an asset portfolio, including property
- Experience of being a Company Secretary or at least exposure to Company Secretarial matters
- Excellent communication ability, business partnering ability, and high levels of personal integrity.
Finance Director | Basingstoke | £100,000 - £120,000, plus car, bonus, and commensurate benefits | FMCG