Technical Director - Fire Safety
Technical Director - Fire Safety
Technology Led - Workplace and Fire Safety Consultancy Company
City of London
Basic Salary £85,000-£100,000 plus share options and excellent benefits include a pension 3% employer, 5% employee.
Full Time Permanent Role
Our client who is a highly respected Technology Led - Workplace and Fire Safety Consultancy Company is currently recruiting for a Technical Director for their Sustainability arm of their business.
- Technical Management - Trouble shooting, technical risk and issues management for the practice, technical support and supervision, compliance monitoring. Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are up to date and in line with requirements.Implemented and communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are always followed and that liabilities are mitigated
- Culture- inspire employees with company core values and implement company style
- Technical Resources and Suppliers - planning, resourcing, aligning with business plan, monitoring and achieving performance and competence.
- Client management- Onboarding of new clients, scheduling oversight, technical account management and preparation and presentation of fee proposals.
- Quality management - Peer review, undertake work as required in fulfilment of quality assurance / management oversight
- Reporting and communications - delivery and reporting on KPIs, escalating exceptions, seeking advice and decisions outside of remit, updates to Traction (EOS system), daily huddles, weekly L10, quarterly strategy group, taking direction and executing on the direction to the Company Director and the Board.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive plans to facilitate achievement of the company's business plan goals for technical, client management and service delivery by planning cost-effective operations and client development activities and agree with Company Director in line with Scheme of Delegation.
- Oversee the delivery of the operating model
- Execute the brand promise and culture core values and beliefs to the employees
- Communicate and maintain trust in relationships with employees, customers, shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company's day to day service delivery and resources financial performance, in alignment with the group growth plans and requirements.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of technical staff providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance and quality
- Alignment of the team to drive performance, prevent issues and resolve problems
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile and oversee all sales activities
- Identify problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
Skills, Experience and Accreditation:
- Thorough and extensive knowledge and understanding of national and local fire safety standards, MHCLG guidance, building regulations, codes of practice etc. with a specific emphasis on external facades and fire safety.
- Extensive knowledge of fire engineering approaches and solutions within the built environment.
- Membership of RICS and/or IOB and/or ABE and/or IFireE.
- Building Construction and Fire Engineering with specific emphasis on External facades
- Design and fire safety management
- Contract procurement and administration in consulting including remediation management.
- Passive and active fire safety systems including compartmentation, suppression systems, fire alarm and detection systems
- Smoke control systems
- Fire safety and Risk Management
- Fire safety advisory
- Tall and Complex buildings
- Residential and commercial property experience
- Fire strategy design within existing buildings
To apply for this role please send your CV.