Operations Director - IT Cloud Services
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the COO, the Operations Director will own the delivery of customer facing managed service capabilities for this Cloud Services provider. With responsibility for ensuring the availability, reliability and resilience of services, you’ll also bring thought leadership on the analysis of trends underpinned by data, these will inform how service management processes can be standardised, failures & issues reduced and services improved to the benefit of customers.
In leading the operations team, you’ll be providing leadership to a team of c100 team members split across Service Desk, Incident & Problem Management and Technical 2nd Line Support. The technical expertise delivered covers Cloud based services, Cyber Security and Data Management & Analytics.
What we’ll be looking for:
- An extensive grounding in IT managed service operations, and motivational people management and leadership in the Cloud Hosting space. You’ll be used to leading multi-site teams of service, technical and engineering specialists.
- Strong business management skills and analytical approach with experience of budget management, project delivery, ability to analyse data, understand nuances and improve productivity.
- Your experience will clearly demonstrate your ability to support high growth businesses achieve their full potential through devising and delivering operational plans.
- You’ll have implemented metric based management processes to improve and then ensure consistent performance.
- You’ll have experience of being a part of leadership teams that undertake M&A activity and then concluding successful integration activities delivering returns on the investment.
- You may have worked in private equity funded businesses or in divisional director roles for larger corporates. Either way, you’ll have played a key role in transformation, strategy creation and execution.
In summary, this is a pivotal role for someone who can be the architect for the future, effecting change and bringing an entrepreneurial approach to improving service. You’ll possess the abilities to transform existing teams and capabilities, set clear goals and direction and also provide technology direction to sustain this business into the future.
How you’ll like to operate:
- Self starter and the transformational thinker.
- Delivering with energy and enthusiasm.
- Welcome complex challenges that need solving in an evolving operation.
- Being assertive and persistent – ensuring the right things are prioritised and delivered.
- Happy to “roll your sleeves up” and work with the “techies” and broader operation.