Our client is a profitable, fast growth contract manufacturer of furniture for the construction and fit-out sector. We seek an ambitious Operations Director to join the board and lead the manufacturing and installation operations of the company and to make a significant contribution in the shaping and execution of the long term strategy.
The Operations Director will be responsible for the safe day to day running of the site and will work with the Sales Teams to ensure that margins are optimised and that on time delivery of projects can be achieved every time. A proactive approach to leadership and instilling a culture of continuous improvement, applying lean manufacturing techniques will also be important.
To be considered for the role you will:
- Have great leadership skills and be able to engage positively at every level (including investors)
- Be commercially astute – have a tight grip on cost, but equally spot opportunity
- Demonstrate a track record of delivering a safe and effective manufacturing operation in a fast-growth environment
- Have experience in joinery operations ideally in the construction/fit out sector
- Be a practitioner of Lean / JIT / Kaizen / 6 Sigma
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic board and have real influence over the creation of value and personal wealth through an equity incentive. Please apply with a CV and a brief covering note outlining your relevance.