Business Intelligence Manager
You will be required to complete an initial assessment to create a data strategy, leading key business stakeholders along the way. You will know what 'good' looks like and be able to put forward ideas on how to fix the long-standing data issues.
Our client is a global supply chain company with a strong presence in their market in the UK. This role will be based out of their Manchester office. Over the years data governance and data management have not been a priority for this company. As new systems have been adopted there has been very limited consideration of the impact on master data. As a result, the quality of the customer master data contained within the core ERP & CRM is very poor and is inhibiting the ability to leverage the systems for commercial opportunities. This is also adding significant additional complexity to integration and automation opportunities.
This is where you come in.
Addressing this long-standing issue will be a complex task requiring input and engagement from all levels of the organisation so the business case and objectives need to be clearly defined.
Key responsibilities for this contract will include but are not limited to:
- Complete initial data gap assessment and assist in presenting a value proposition to key stakeholders in the business.
- Define the data management strategy with the objective of problem definition, strategy development, and business case.
- From this, the company would then look to develop a plan to address the data challenges. You will be required to guide and lead key stakeholders on this journey, explaining what good looks like and detailing the 'why' behind your decisions and choices.
To complete this project and to be successful the individual would need to have the following skills and experience:
- Experienced data professional with proven experience within organisations that have a very undeveloped data strategy, complex system architecture, and a complex global digital operating model.
- Proven experience of working with senior leaders, IT, and operational colleagues.
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain and articulate complex issues in simple terms.
- You will have a consultative approach to defining a data strategy.
- Experience of working with Microsoft CRM and Blue Prism is advantageous.
- Use of Oracle or JD Edwards or similar ERP systems.
- Previous experience of working for a supply chain client is not essential but would be preferable.
- You will have a chance to lead from the front in the data journey of this company.
- Competitive day rate.
- This project is an initial 3 months but has scope for continuing long term.