Head of IT Infrastructure and Engineering
Head of IT Infrastructure and Engineering
Circa. £80k - £105k Base Salary + Bonus, Pension & Benefits Circa. £120-155K Package
Johnson Matthey have an exciting opportunity for a Head of IT Infrastructure and Engineeringto be based in our Royston, Hertfordshire office on a permanent basis.
We are seeking an inspirational leader with a proven track record leading a large team with similar technical capabilities, delivering IT services within a global organisation.
The Head of IT Infrastructure and Engineeringis accountable for all JM infrastructure services across the globe and leading the team that operates, supports and maintains this. The role will bring together each of our engineering teams to create a single strategy for all infrastructure & networks, from our global data centres and network through to local bespoke solutions managed at individual sites. The role will work closely with IT Architecture and Security to shape the technology roadmap whilst driving the maintenance and change required to deliver.
- Accountability for the service performance, maintenance, vendor management, security and cost efficiency of all infrastructure & network solutions across JM - creating strong relationships and ways of working with other JMIT teams resulting in integrated service provision to the JM business.
- Leading our Infrastructure Engineering team of 100+ people combining global functions and locally based teams to create a single technology management capability and culture.
- Empowering and coaching the team leads and others to independently lead their areas and build a culture of ownership and collaboration at all levels.
- Developing and leading the strategy for onsite support/engineering, building a model which is both appropriate for JM now and adaptable to future needs.
- Developing and leading the overall Infrastructure Service Strategy including the operating model for the team, overall vendor strategy, maintenance roadmap and investment plan, creating a strong alignment to overall JMIT strategy and Architectural roadmaps.
- Creating and operating a change capability to effectively deliver projects and other change work across the Infrastructure technologies.
- Working with the Cyber Security and other major IT programmes to develop and then drive the Cyber Security and Infrastructure strategies; including the benefit realization, onboarding and optimization of new technologies and services delivered in the last few years and the new areas of concern such as Shadow IT.
- Demonstrable experience leading a large team of similar technical capabilities and delivering IT services to a global business.
- An inspiring leader of people, able to develop and deliver organization strategies to create efficient and highly effective teams.
- Experience of leading service and technology improvement activity resulting in clear commercial and service performance improvement.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management, able to collaboratively work with colleagues from inside and outside of IT; Is seen as a role model and someone people want to work with.
- Strong experience in working with external vendors to provide integrated IT services. Experienced in leading changes in this area and building mutually successful partnerships.
- Good knowledge of infrastructure & network areas including current and future trends and approaches.
- Used to independently managing budgets, large vendor relationship and making significant commercial decisions.
- Strong working knowledge of governance, compliance and security policies and their application in a global business environment.
- Great communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent at influencing and motivating individuals and teams, and comfortable working at multiple levels.
- Able to effectively empower and work with their team. Encouraging their team to 'step up' and whilst giving them space to learn and operate.
A little about us
Johnson Matthey is the global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. Our science and research help to reduce pollution, relieve pain, restore hearing and boost crops. Behind all of this, we're an international business made up of many extraordinary parts. We have been in business for over 200 years. From a single office in London in 1817, we've built a global presence with significant operations in more than 30 countries. We support our customers' needsfrom 43 major manufacturing sites all around the globe, providing consistency and quality wherever they are.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.