Commercial Sales Manager
Recently instructed on this new role we are looking for a Commercial Sales Manager who comes from a haulier business. Ideally with a black book of contacts, this hire will be responsible for all UK revenue generation.
Our client is a European wide logistics distribution and supply chain business that focuses primarily on temperature controlled distribution. They have a small office based in Kent where this role will be "based" out of. In reality the hire will be expected to be highly mobile so likely will spend most of their time remote.
The Commercial Sales Manager will be tasked with driving revenue, account retention and management of the sales strategy across the UK. Although the expectation is for the role to be primarily client facing, there is a definite need to cultivate and push relationships internally - specifically with the operations team who execute the solutions sold. In order to do this the hire will be expected to travel fairly extensively to visit client where possible.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Working on budgeting and planning and presenting sales results on a periodic basis
- Creating and implementing strategic sales plans that align with business objectives
- Forging positive long-lasting relationships with key clients to understand their business needs and objectives
- Negotiating agreements for contracts with customers to ensure a commercial outcome
- Effectively communicating the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Identifying valuable and viable emerging markets to target
In order to apply for the Commercial Sales Manager role, candidates must be able to demonstrate significant experience in winning new accounts and implementing a sales strategy. The successful candidate will be hungry for success and keen to be part of a growing business that they can have a tangible effect on.
Other competencies and experiences we will be looking for include:
- Extensive experience operating at a senior sales level in a haulier business
- The ability to take the features and benefits of a service portfolio to build powerful business development campaigns
- Be charismatic, have strong commercial acumen and demonstrable track record of sales results in this market
- Organised, with meticulous attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal & communication skills, able to prioritise
- Maintaining effective relationships, focusing on customer needs and being able to gain their commitment
- Regularly reviewing and communicating progress against said objectives, adjusting as needed
A base salary of £60,000 to £70,000 plus car and commission