Non Executive Director (NED) - Major Investment Fund
NED (Corporate Finance Background) | Major Investment Fund | London
Harmonic Finance are proud to be working with one of the UK's major Investment funds in their search for a Non Executive Director who can support quarterly in the Valuation of Assets under Management.
The business has Investments in Infrastructure Projects, Equities and Debt worth nearly £10 billion. They are majority shareholders in some of the UK's most reputable and well-known businesses alongside an extensive range of Investments in mid-market cap businesses worth between £50-£100m each
The position is ultimately responsible for providing expertise, guidance and recommendations at quarterly Valuation meetings which is designed to establish a 'Fair Valuation' of Assets under Management.
It requires around 5 days at the end of the quarter working with the Front Office Investment team and Valuation Team alongside other Committee members including the Group CFO, External Advisors and the Chief Risk Officer before presenting at the Board Meeting highlighting any pertinent issues for discussion and guidance moving forward.
- Govern the production and presentation of a Fair Valuation
- Provide Technical Expertise to the Director of Valuations
- Work closely with Director of the Investment Division and Front Office Leadership team to understand Investment Strategy
- Work closely with the Director of Valuations to understand approach to current portfolio valuation methodology
- Identify Quarterly, areas for consideration and Chair discussions around resolutions and improvements
- Provide high level guidance to the Committee taking into consideration broader macro-economic drivers
- Act as a 'sounding board' for members of the Committee and External Advisors
What we need to see (Essential):
- Experience in Corporate Finance, M&A, Transaction Services or Valuations at a major Accounting or Advisory Firm
- Extensive experience managing significant Private Equity deals
- Broad Investment Portfolio (multi-industry) experience
- Proven Non-Exec Director experience (either sitting on the Board of Portfolio Investments or NED work at major established businesses)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to condense and present manageable and actionable outcomes
What we'd like to see (Non-Essential):
- Qualified Accountant
Salary: Circa £45,000 - £55,000 (20 days per year)
If interested please click on apply or give me a call on 0203 773 3530.