Purchasing Manager - Food & Ingredients
The business have a growing UK presence and are looking for a passionate FMCG procurement professional to manage their end to end purchasing in a number of key ingredients categories.
Over the past few years the business have grown at fast rate and are now at a stage where they need a procurement professional to focus on one of their key spend areas (Food, Packaging and Ingredients). They have a huge range of healthy foods that can be bought in a number of retailers.
An excellent opportunity has now arisen to join a Private Equity backed award winning and fast-growing business that is a leader in functional health supplements for pets. Quality, integrity, passion and excellence are core to this company's ethos, values and success.
This is an exciting role within Times Fast Track 100 business that has ambitious global growth plans that secured Private Equity Investment in 2017 and can provide the right candidate with the opportunity to develop and progress within a highly successful and dynamic environment.
This role will be to manage procurement function with all purchasing and supplier relationship of a variety of ingredients and packaging categories. It will be vital that you are able to work to negotiate on major contracts with suppliers, as well as having day to day working with internal stakeholders.
The role will also include:
- Cost Savings: Drive cost savings
- Category Strategy: Develop and align category strategies in line with overall Company Strategy
- Reviews: Lead strategic sourcing reviews
- SRM: Develop suppliers which can add value through continuous improvement and innovative solutions
- Stakeholder Management: Lead and manage internal and external communications with all stakeholders
- Market Understanding: Operates within a volatile global market affected by base material cost movement, conversion costs and market manipulation.
- Contracts: Award and manage contracts with suppliers linked to KPI's and SLA's
- Risk: Manage assured supply and risk across all categories
Ideal Purchasing Manager:
- Procurement background within FMCG environment
- Buying experience within Ingredients or packaging
- Strong Stakeholder management skills Degree Educate
- Based near Stevenage
- up to £60,000 + package
- Flexible working (2/3 days in the office per week)