Group Finance Director
2 days left
An exciting opportunity has become available for a qualified Finance Director to join a complex and agile group of companies.
The Finance Director is responsible for the development and monitoring of the overall financial strategy and delivery. The role safeguards and provides financial information, analysis, and advice to the Group and boards.
The Finance Director is responsible for financial forecasting and reporting, including the annual accounts and returns to HMRC. In particular, the Finance Director supports the fund investment and advisory business and its relationships with investors. The Finance Director also works in tandem with the HR Director to deliver the required payroll and pension schemes.
You will have experience working at senior level and will be able to demonstrate experience working collaboratively with Boards to deliver commercial financial advice and guidance. You will need to demonstrate strategic thinking around developing a financial strategy and business plans. You will have an appetite for change and evolution within a business and will be able to adapt to new work streams and new ways of working as the organisation develops. You will also be integral to the design and development of systems, processes, controls, and business strategy.
This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders at the senior level.
You will also manage a team of 4 in finance and will be responsible for their professional development.
- Developing forecasting models is something you enjoy
- Financial accounting and accounting standards are well known to you
- Tax and other relevant government regulation and legislation are no strangers
- You have experience of group finances e.g. group financial reporting, statutory accounts, group cash
- You know and understand the financial services sector and the relevant regulatory regime
- It would help if you have a small business, venture capital, private equity, mezzanine finance, or turnaround experience, giving you an understanding of what it is to run a small entrepreneurial organisation
Education / qualifications / training
- Professionally fully qualified accountant
- Member of an accountancy body recognised by the IFAC
- Experience of working in an FCA-regulated financial services environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification
- Excel expert
Ideally, you will also have;
- Media business experience
- Social enterprise experience
Apply for Group Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly