Covid-19 Head of Research and Development
In order to develop effective policy and operational interventions to the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been urgent need to understand infection levels and transmission at a national and regional level. Effective surveillance has therefore rapidly become an integral component of the long-term solution to the pandemic. There are also critical policy questions regarding viral immunity that need to be answered, including the possibility of onward transmission and waning immunity in individuals who are positive, whether such individuals can be re-infected symptomatically or asymptomatically, and about incidence of new infection in individuals without prior exposure.
My client are seeking a Covid-19 Head of Research on a contract basis until the end of 2020. The role can be done remotely for the foreseeable, and has been deemed inside IR35. The rate of pay on offer is between GBP400 - GBP500 per day.
The full responsibilities of this role include:
- Leadership - You will contribute to the broader strategic leadership of the survey, working collaboratively with colleagues
- Research Design - You are responsible for identifying the research requirements across the broader portfolio of surveillance studies. You will ensure these are evidenced by analysis and prioritised
- Research Delivery - You will develop a delivery plan for COVIDx
- Horizon Scanning and Research Exploitation - You will maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant COVID-19 and surveillance research
- Stakeholder Management
- Management - You will have direct line management of a small team