This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Wey Education plc Board as a Non-Executive Director and be a key part of its growth as Wey changes the face of education worldwide. This is a home based position and in return you will receive a competitive salary plus benefits.
Wey Education PLC is a leading online provider of primary, secondary and college education in the UK. With almost 3,000 students, Interhigh and Academy 21, make up the two entities of the AIM listed public company. We are an ambitious company with quality education and student engagement at the heart of everything we do.
The Non-Executive Director role:
Reporting to the Chairman, the role will be responsible for constructively challenging, influencing and supporting the Board to develop strategies, enhancing and enabling the business to continue to scale both UK and Internationally, organically and through acquisition.
You will be required to attend 6 - 8 Board meetings per year either virtually or in London. In addition, you will attend the AGM and be a member of the Remuneration Committee and Audit Committee and Chair of one of them.
As our Non-Executive Director you will:
- Assist and support the Chairman and Executive Team in establishing the Group's strategic aims
- Provide independent judgement and advice on issues
- Ensure that the necessary Financial, IT, Operations and compliance business infrastructure is in place
- Ensure performance is effectively monitored and reviewed.
- Ensure the highest standards of integrity and governance arrangements conforming with best practice and statutory requirements.
- Adhere with agreed Board procedures, monitor the performance and conduct of Executive Team in achieving the business goals, objectives and statutory responsibilities
- Obtain assurance that financial information is accurate, and that financial controls and risk management systems are robust
- Be a member of committees established by the Board to exercise delegated responsibility and support accountability.
- Support Board and senior appointments as well as encourage and coach, the Chief Executive and Executive Directors.
- Be a member of the Remuneration Committee to determine appropriate levels of remuneration for executive directors.
- Be a member of the Audit Committee to review financial procedures, reporting and compliance
Our ideal Non-Executive Director will have:
The Non-Executive Director will be a graduate, ideally with a post graduate qualification with extensive Board experience gained both in the UK and internationally. They will have business development experience, particularly in the UK, and either the Americas, the Middle East or Australasia
The successful applicant will have the stature, integrity and initiative to be able to work closely with the main board of Wey and to make a meaningful contribution to the overall management of strategic direction of the group.
A proven track record of achieving outstanding results in fast moving, technology lead Companies, ideally with experience of international business development, as well as Company acquisitions.
The Non-Executive Director will have a passion for Education and a determination to make a difference to how young people experience education all over the world.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to be strategic and to bring a wealth of proven experience to the role
Specifically, you will have:
- High level of credibility at Board level
- Experience of strategic leadership of organisational change and culture
- Experience of business development in UK and Overseas
- Managed business growth both organically and through acquisition
- Excellent commercial and business awareness
- Demonstrable success throughout your career
- Awareness of the technology space and how future trends can be incorporated into education
- Confidence to communicate to investors and other stakeholders
- Understanding of Corporate Governance
- High skill levels in strategic analysis and decision making
- A contact base that would include exposure to education at a high level
Please click 'apply' today to join as our Non-Executive Director - we would love to hear from you.
Wey Education plc is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practise across the school