Director of Information Systems and Digital Services
This is an outstanding opportunity for a creative, ambitious and accomplished leader with a track record of delivery to shape the future of Information Systems and Digital Services (ISDS) at Manchester Metropolitan University. You will be responsible for the next phase of the University’s Information Systems Strategy, keeping the University at the forefront of IT innovation, co-designing new ways of working, enhancing productivity, reducing complexity, and identifying transformational investments, including AI and Extended Reality.
Balancing strategic leadership with operational delivery, you will be responsible for overseeing the management of all aspects of the ISDS function, ensuring that IT investment activities are aligned in support of University strategy, and that IT services are highly reliable, available, secure and meet the expectations of service users.
With over 34,000 students and 4,800 staff, and an annual turnover of more than £245 million, Manchester Metropolitan University is an ambitious University and an inspiring place to work, driven by the desire to empower and enrich our students, our colleagues and our wider community.
- Develop, lead and execute an IS Strategy that is transformational in its ambition, financially well-planned and aligned to the University’s strategic ambitions.
- Oversee the development of effective stakeholder relations amongst academic and Professional Services colleagues and students.
- Engage in the strategic planning process to ensure the ISDS team delivers the highest level of services to staff and students, in alignment with institutional direction and objectives.
- Lead and support the delivery of University-wide change projects with a technology component.
- Work with the ISDS teams to translate the IS Strategy into deliverable plans, comprising an agreed set of budgets and prioritised programme of projects.
- Ensure the ongoing delivery of high-quality services that are customer-focused and clearly aligned to the University’s aims and objectives.
- Have extensive senior IS/IT leadership experience and a proven track record of IT strategy development and delivery in a complex organisation.
- Have experience of developing and motivating multiple teams, oversight of high-quality ICT services, successful management of large budgets and ensuring best value for money.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to integrated and collaborative working, acting as a role model and establishing strong working relationships with the ISDS team, between ISDS and other Professional Services Directorates, and with academic colleagues.
- Have high level negotiating, influencing and communication skills, coupled with the ability to sensitively advise senior colleagues on technical matters.
- Have an excellent technical understanding of the IT infrastructure and architecture, data integration, user-facing and support services associated with operating in a multi-site, international organisation.
- Ideally, have some understanding of the HE sector and preferably experience of networking at a regional and/or national level.
Follow the link below to access more information and apply for this unique and exciting opportunity: www.berwickpartners.co.uk/80767 before the advert closes at midnight on the 18th October 2020.
Manchester Metropolitan University is committed to supporting the rights, responsibilities, dignity, health and wellbeing of staff and students through our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We promote applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of background, belief or identity, recognising the benefits that a diverse organisation can bring and particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in the University workforce.