Digital Services Director
Digital Services Director (Inside IR35)
Contract Term: 8 months
Contracting Authority: MOD
Reporting directly to the 2* Director Digital Enablement, as a core member of their senior technical leadership team, the Chief Technologist - Futures (CT-F) will lead a small team of Technical Architects, (rotated in agile sprints dependent on the technical focus of activities), but act as the Director's agent in ensuring that Enterprise, Solution and Technical Architecture, and Engineering, implement evolutionary roadmaps for solutions, technologies and architectures that can evolve and mature in line with future technology trends.
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you've never met and solve problems you didn't even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we're here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
As Digital Services Director, you will:
- Be responsible for leading and directing task-based teams consisting of Crown Servants & Contracted Technical Support to translate and exploit Government and Defence Technology Policy, alongside assimilating and planning for technology evolution, driving this into effective enterprise change roadmaps for Information and Communications Technology, focusing on beneficial outcomes for the user.
- The Chief Technologist will also provide and co-ordinate SME guidance and support to the Design Authority Board (as an ad-hoc member, when required), ensuring that there are planned roadmaps, to assimilate future technologies in Core Architectural Components and Technologies/Tools.
- The role will also act as the Technical Authority for the Centres of Expertise, ensuring that appropriate technologies and planned technology evolution is included in the CoE's service evolution and delivery. This will have particular focus on emerging digital exploitation technologies, eg Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Synthetics, Assisted Analytics, Enhanced Reality, Device Meshes and Digital Twins.
- Ensure the necessary Digital & Technology Upskilling & Education - using industry and Defence staff development investments, ensure that a programme of education and industry sessions enable Digital Enablement crown servants to gather the skills required in current and future technologies. Support the Defence Digital Academy with technology themed streams of education and awareness.
- Influence and Shape Security and Accreditation Policy - Work with the security and accreditation policy and process owners across Government & Defence to ensure our policies are fit for purpose, and sufficiently automated and agile, to enable defence to be a competitive force now and in the future.
- Continuous Service Improvement - work closely with the Innovation & Architecture teams to identify and implement game changing technologies and approaches.
- Partner & Industry Engagement - working closely with Commercial colleagues, establish a range of supplier engagement activities to change/challenge commercial process and suppliers into releasing and evolving the technology eco-system for Defence. Engage with key suppliers to maintain MOD influence over the supplier's product development plans.
- This role is responsible for leading and management of a multi discipline team as well as influencing and Matrix managing a wider technology related workforce, whilst being the champion for that community.
- Director level experience
- Extensive experience working within Government, ideally defence OR intelligence
- Active SC clearance
- Suitable and varied experience in a combination of Information, Technology, Strategy and Implementation roles, ideally in both private and public sector IT teams.
- Global and extensive technical leadership and strategy experience across a broad range of technologies and services, particularly in digital exploitation.
- Excellent logic, verbal and written communication skills: an ability to identify and focus on the issues that matter, to separate the urgent from the important, and to provide clear, cogent and coherent advice on complex issues.
- Prior experience of influencing corporate Board-level stakeholders (if not already managing at corporate level).
- Experience in developing/informing/influencing/enabling Information and Data Strategy and Implementation frameworks for large organisations
- Technical experience in the following SFIA competencies and DDaT roles:
- SFIA: IT Governance (GOVN) L7, Information Systems Co-ordination (ISCO) L6, Enterprise and Business Architecture Development (STPL) L6, Solution Architecture (ARCH) L6, System Design (DESN) L5, SFIA Business Analysis (BUAN) L5 and Information Management (IRMG) L6
- DDAT: Technical Architect, Business Analyst Product Delivery & Management, Data Architect.
It would also be good if you had:
- APMP, MSP, GKIM 1 - 3
- TOGAF Practitioner
- COBIT v5
- Agile Scrum Master & Product Owner
If this sounds like you, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our PSR team now.
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."