- Finance Director Opportunity
- Fast growth AIM listed SME
About Our Client
The Eggfree Cake Box opened its first store in the heart of East London in 2008. Its mission was to provide the UK market with a new concept; delicious fresh cream Celebration Cakes made without using eggs and an 'on demand' service. By eliminating the egg, without compromising on taste and texture, ECB cakes were an instant success; and a favourite amongst many who have certain religious, dietary and/or lifestyle choices. The business has a total of 133 branches to date, with many more to come this year. An exciting high growth business with impressive results so far this year and a strong business strategy.
Reporting to the CFO, the Finance Director will join the senior leadership team and be responsible for the financial oversight of the business, providing strategic direction of the finance function of the group. As well as being responsible for the production of monthly and annual PLC reporting & auditing, preparing all financial statements, management accounts, cash-flow forecasts.
This is a pivotal role and vital to the future success of the business and will work closely with the owners in driving the business forward.
Key Duties include:
- Set and adhere to strict PLC reporting timetable for interim and year end reporting, Annual report, AGM. Communicate and co-ordinate with all stakeholders.
- Produce the annual report along with Executive director statements with guidance for the PR company.
- Maintain the company's risk register and document ESG (SCR) activity.
- Under take all Company Secretarial duties.
- Produce monthly financial board meeting pack to include detailed commentary, KPI and other adhoc information as requested in a timely manner.
- Oversee Monthly management reporting, P&L, Balance Sheet, financial and margin analysis.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and tax computations.
- Assist the CFO with PLC reporting requirements.
- Manage external stakeholders such as investors, banks, lawyers, accountants/auditors, broker and PR company as required.
- Develop a broad set of KPI's to analyse Franchisees sales and profit performance.
- Development of IT systems to obtain operational efficiencies.
- Oversee all functions and initiating good practices.
- Manage a finance team including mentoring and performance reviews.
- Produce and analyse accounting information to provide insight and influence potential changes.
- Responsible for the budget planning, quarterly for forecasting and cashflow.
- Leadership and development of the Finance team.
- Maintain internal control safeguards and risk management.
- Maintain robust budget and forecast information.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for fully qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA Accountant with a proven track record in a finance leadership role, ideally within a similar sized AIM listed SME. You will have strong analytical skills exceptional numerical proficiency and strong leadership skills. You will be an experienced Finance Director who is technically astute with strong understanding of IFRS and of reporting standards.
You will be comfortable supervising and developing a small finance team. You will be hands on and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to present at Board level and maintain relationships with Investors. You will be open, engaging and also have a good level of team management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail showing logical decision making and prompt delivery to deadlines.
You will be comfortable working with people at all levels both strategic and operationally. You will harmonise financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, and guide efforts towards financial stability. A solid working knowledge of Sage and strong IT proficiency level would be advantageous.
What's on Offer
Any direct/agency applications will be forwarded to Michael Page for consideration
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEJN -092020-1228131Z