Customs Compliance Manager
My client are a leading distribution business based in Birmingham who are looking to get ready for Brexit and are looking for a Customs Compliance Manager.
Leading Distribution business based in Birmingham.
- Manage customs processes, together with ensuring that all clearance processes are completed in a complaint and timely manner.
- Manage a team of Customs Compliance / Import / Export / Shipping specialists.
- Liaise with Customs to set-up new processes as required.
- To lead excellence in customs management and compliance to our customers, whilst ensuring that in providing this service, the company is fully compliant with the requirements of HMRC and other relevant bodies.
- Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements especially with new processes brought upon by Brexit. The ideal candidate will have a customs background in either road, air or sea freight and a good knowledge of customs systems, HMRC regimes and query resolution.
- To negotiate and manage the contracts, performance and relationships with 3rd party Logistics providers and shipping freight partners.
- To provide Logistics and Customs expertise and guidance to deliver the strategic off shore sourcing plan for the group.
- To advise the business and generate plans to mitigate the risks and take opportunities from Brexit and other geo political and legislative change.
- To ensure the business is constantly compliant with all HMRC processes and any changes to legislation are implemented throughout the business.
- Material experience of managing and developing International Logistics and Supply chains, preferably in a retail environment.
- Material experience of managing HMRC relationships and a deep understanding of retail HMRC requirements.
- Membership of appropriate trade bodies and holder of specialist industry qualifications of benefit.
- Numerate, with good data handling and insight development ability.
- Skilled negotiator, communicator and relationship developer at multiple levels across multiple functions.
- Customer and stakeholder orientated.
£40,000 - £50,000 + benefits