Interim Business Development Consultant - Healthcare
Russam is working with a rapidly expanding equipment provider to the NHS, Local Authority Partners, and Private Healthcare Partners.
They have a “servicing & maintenance” division that has huge potential for expansion (established but without a leader and development plan). This area is particularly focussed on care homes, community hospitals, and hospices in the South East, London, and Essex. They are well known for providing the best in quality service and technical support (with dozens of engineers and clinical team members) and over 30 years’ industry experience working as trusted NHS providers.
Role & Responsibilities
They seek a “Business Development Consultant” to come in and seize this opportunity and work alongside the CEO of the wider organisation. It will likely start on an interim + success basis and could well transition into a permanent leadership role. The role focusses on approaching care homes and other health bodies (typically long-term care; but could be NHS acute hospitals also).
The BD Consultant will play a pivotal role in the expansion and success of this division. They will:
- Develop a strategy for business expansion in this area of medical equipment servicing and maintenance.
- Identify key clients, build strong relationships, and oversee the day-to-day management of the business in this division.
- Ensure competitive tenders are put forward and pull resources from the wider organisation (over 300 staff).
- Grow a team in line with the business plan and achievements.
- Communicate with key stakeholders and prepare reports.
The Desired Applicant
- Ideally, have knowledge of selling services/solutions into the NHS and other health bodies.
- An understanding of how CCGs (and Local Authorities) commission services would be highly desirable; as well as an understanding of the CQC and their standards.
- Anyone that has provided solutions of any kind (even consulting) to care homes would be interesting to speak to for this role.
- Possess a proven track record of commercial sales and business development; including contacts and networks and the knowledge of how to penetrate a client organisation. For example, approaching the head office of a large care home provider or via the local homes themselves to get a foot in the door.
- Demonstrate the commercial acumen required to drive results and the ambition and tenacity to grasp this opportunity. Including leading and inspiring a growing team.
- Have excellent sales and negotiation experience as well as the ability to communicate effectively.
- Lead and inspire a growing sales team. An entrepreneurial attitude; focussed on the big picture.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should log in / register and upload an up to date CV. No other documents are required at this stage.