We are pleased to be partnering with a newly acquired Manufacturing business based in Wolverhampton as we recruit a General Manager to join their team. With ambitious plans to grow their business, my client is looking for a General Manager to oversee and grow their business. The successful candidate will be a proven leader, have strong experience in a consumer product base environment & be conversant with ERP systems. Furthermore you will be a strong process improver who can eliminate waste & improve production.
Our Wolverhampton client is a manufacturer & distributor of a wide range of high quality consumer based products. With ambitious growth plans, this is an exciting time to join their business as their new General Manager.
Reporting directly into the MD, this role will:
- Oversee end to end site operations
- Develop and manage operational KPI's to improve operational performance
- Project manage by leading a number of lean initiatives to help improve the sites efficiencies and further leverage manufacturing capabilities
- Overall site health and safety management, ensuring the site is compliant to all relevant laws and regulations
- Review and implement processes required for accreditation's such as ISO 9001 and SMETA
- Analyse activities and introduce process improvement projects to reduce costs and to obtain optimum utilisation of personnel & equipment
- Lead a team of 15 with both the office and factory manager reporting directly to you
- Regular P&L reviews working closely alongside the financial controller
- Manage supplier relationships and oversee procurement
- Must have industrial Manufacturing experience, ideally in a consumer products
- A proven ability to coach, mentor & lead teams
- Strong lean/CI experience
- Good understanding of SAGE or ERP systems
- Experience of injection moulding would be advantageous
£55k-£60k + car allowance & bonus based on performance.