Technical Director - Mechanical
Technical Director (Mechanical)
£80,000 to £95,000 per annum plus package
Our client is a high profile M&E Contractor working within London and the Home Counties. They are actively searching for a Technical Director to lead the technical team and technical function within the company.
This is an integral role which will see you work closely with the Operational Director to lead and deliver exceptional engineering support and advice on all matters relating to building services including the following:
- Design concept
- Design development
- Commissioning handover
- Operational and maintenance stages
This role is perfectly suited to anyone who has spent 7+ years working for an MEP consultancy and then made the move across to a contractor or client side position in some form of Mechanical / MEP design management.
- Support, advise, oversee and provide technical leadership on all matters relating to building services, including the implementation of BIM and digital engineering.
- Ensure OU compliance with our clients Laser Focus Plan (LFP) design controls and processes.
- Establish and/or maintain a framework of MEP and specialist consultants to provide engineering support to the Operating Unit and ensure these consultants are compliant.
- Liaise and coordinate with engineering institutions, professional bodies, regulatory and statutory authorities, acting as a central point of contact on behalf of the Operational Efficiency department on all matters relating to mechanical Regulatory Service.
- Act as a leader and mentor to the team of specialists under your remit to deliver engineering solutions and innovations for our clients.
- Chartered Engineer
- Industry recognised technical qualification
- Design Management background and experience from a building services perspective.
- Experience of managing teams to deliver projects.
- Commercially astute with experience of managing external specialists and designers