Senior Product Manager
Elvie will look to you and your experience to help develop products that they're proud of because they put the user at the centre of the design process and ensure they take a holistic view of the product experience. You will be guiding the development of both hardware and software elements, with exposure working throughout the product life-cycle from NPI to maintenance in market.
Elvie develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires Elvie to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
The successful Senior Product Manager based in Bristol will:
- Understand our customer's experience, keep up to speed on market trends and translate them into a clearly defined and appropriately prioritised product road-map. You will need to gain, buy in and support from different teams.
- You will work independently and able to guide product development. You will be involved in setting the product vision and ensuring that the product team delivers on it.
- You will be leading the charge to make products that delight our users, helping the team navigate through the decisions and inevitable compromise of turning ideas to reality.
- You will be able to offer advice, mentoring and guidance to other team members.
- Get under the skin of our users. Working closely with product researchers, you'll be setting research objectives and involved in conducting user research, learning about customer needs first hand.
- Translate customer needs into product shaping information, writing user stories and user requirements and briefing relevant teams.
- Communicate user needs and product plans to a variety of audiences (i.e. sell the dream and fight the user's corner).
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams to drive product development, keeping the team on track, and making sure the product vision is a constant throughout.
- Be balancing tensions in requirements and deciding with the team what compromise is acceptable throughout the product development journey.
- Join stand-ups with our app dev teams and design engineer catch-ups.
- Stay on top of what our competitors are up to and the results they are getting, and where valuable and relevant, use this to inform our product development.
- Manage, update and prioritise a backlog of features, and brief and manage the development of design work.
- You will use Jira to manage app development and Asana for in-house designers (SD/UX/UI).
- Are curious and questioning to ensure we identify route causes not symptoms, so that we design the right solutions.
- Are able to juggle the day to day, whilst also seeing the bigger picture, so that you can identify and focus on the most pressing challenges with appropriate effort.
- Are driven to make things better and push for quality outcomes for the user. But you also know when is "good enough".
- Will identify opportunities to improve existing processes and tools, and introduce new ones to support the scaling up of development work.
- Will bring people on the journey of feature and product development with you, judging who needs to be kept informed about what, without adding unnecessary noise or complexity.
- Are a good listener and make sure people feel heard.
- Will hear different perspectives, be able to analyse the situation and pick a path forwards acknowledging the compromise taken.
- Will manage change: get buy-in from stakeholders and lead the implementation, using data to understand and improve iteratively.
- You will mentor and guide the work of other product managers within the team.
The successful applicant with possess the following skills and attributes:
- Solid relevant experience, with demonstrable experience of product managing connected devices or both HW and SW products
- Possess a forward thinking and innovative mentality
- Preferably time with a startup that has gone through the scaling process
- Demonstrable experience in modern user testing, tech product development, and agile project management processes and tools (e.g Google Analytics, Jira)
- Interest in women, health and all things tech
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level, and to develop yourself into a leader
- An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure
- Work collaboratively with others
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
The successful Senior Product Manager based in Bristol will receive:
- £50,00 - £60,000 + Bonus
- Great work environment - regular company socials, free daily snacks
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Enjoy employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Generous employee referral program * Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan with WPA
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year