Head of Digital Innovation
Head of Digital Innovation - Online Gaming, Lottery, Omnichannel.
A prominent lottery business, with significant financial backing, require a Head of Digital Innovation to drive digital innovation and change in a marketplace that is behind the curve, and require an ambitious and pioneering Digital expert to lead their digital strategy - including but not limited to digital product, marketing, payment, identity, channel partners and the financial models.
As Head of Digital Innovation, you will need to understand customer journeys and define a digital strategy that delivers across a variety of digital environments.
Why? This is a big opportunity to revolutionise the operation of a national asset and use a 'digital first' approach to maximise "significant untapped potential". You'll be joining a team of experts creating a compelling and innovative and disruptive go to market strategy.
You'll create the digital strategy of a nationally significant brand to improve digital experiences. You will 'think outside the box' to retain and increase the existing customer base and promote the businesses core objectives and goals.
You'll be a natural and proven innovator with a passion for digital whilst also having a solid understanding of the challenges involved when championing change in highly regulated industries.
Working within a peer group at the top of their game to develop the long-term wider strategy ensuring that their ambitions are aligned with their strategic goals. You will need to consider the complete spectrum of digital customer journeys to deliver new products across new distribution channels.
High level responsibilities:
- Digital Strategy for customer-first experiences
- Understanding of customer needs and behaviours to help map out key journeys
- Leading engagement with relevant third parties
Expected outputs include:
- Target Operating Model for digital, clearly mapped to overall strategy and with dependencies to other workstreams
- Write core parts of the bid document - including evidence for our chosen approach
- Input into design of digital (and adjacent) teams / end state org chart
We're looking for a truly exceptional individual
Required Capabilities & Experience:
- Significant personal experience in proven digital strategies including:
- Digital innovation / new product development
- Digital marketing including advanced capabilities such as AI/ML
- Digital payments
- Registration & identity checks
- Omni-channel including digital in physical retail
- Channel partnerships to drive new revenue streams
- A "safe pair of hands" for large-scale digital solutions
- Commercial expertise, with proven track record of driving digital revenue
- Strategic thinker and the capability to get into the detail where required
- Appreciation of inter-dependencies across Product, MarTech, Identity, Payment, Tech, Data Science, Consumer Behaviour, Channel Sales
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective collaborating as part of a senior team
- Working in a fast-paced environment, often with a high level of ambiguity
- Decision making in a time critical environment
- Regulatory experience - good understanding of and working with regulators
- Working with third parties & suppliers - including being able to run a robust selection process of third parties (e.g. RFI, RFP, negotiation)
- Robust character / gravitas (able to work with complex and demanding stakeholders)
- Lottery, Gaming or highly regulated markets experience
Exposure to any the following would be highly advantageous:
- First-hand experience of the UK Lottery industry
- Experience in other relevant sectors, such as online gaming, social gaming, digital entertainment, retail, FMCG, banking and content
- Product partnerships to take digital products to customers rather than relying on bringing customers to digital products
- Established network of potential suppliers
- Not for profit / promoting good causes via digital (or if no experience then 'belief in') If this sounds both exciting and challenging, and you believe you meet the above criteria, then please apply today.
Insight Recruitment Group works closely with businesses to create vacancies which are a true reflection of the working environment, role and career opportunity We support our applicants through every step of the process to ensure transparency, trust and communication between the business and the applicant is of the highest quality.
Insight Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All selections are made based on qualifications, merit, and business need. For more information please visit Insight Recruitment Group's website