Are you a visionary IT leader excited about playing a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as IT Director. As our innovative IT Director, you will set the strategic vision for IT and digital at WaterAid for the next decade cementing the IT function as pivotal enabler in the delivery of WaterAid's global strategy to achieve universal, sustainable access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene for millions of people by 2030. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
You will lead the IT team with clarity of purpose, to develop IT and digital strategy and policy and deliver a first-class IT service and infrastructure across WaterAid globally.
This is a full-time permanent role based in London with occasional overseas and UK travel.
The purpose of this role is to think big and to act fast to lead the development of IT and digital strategy and policy, ensuring its effective implementation across WaterAid.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to delivering IT services across different WaterAid entities and geographies.
- Ensure global systems and processes have appropriate commonality and ability to link with each other and facilitate knowledge sharing between UK, country programmes and other WaterAid members to encourage learning.
- Lead and manage the performance and development of UK-based IT staff to be their best.
To be successful, you'll need:
- A proven track record of leading and managing change.
- To be a strategic, innovative and courageous thinker with the ability to deliver tangible results and work collaboratively with colleagues across functions and geographies.
- Experience of developing capability in global IT teams through effectively leading, managing, empowering and motivating others.
- Sound knowledge of cutting edge information technology that will enhance organisational delivery.
To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 18 November. Applicants should be available for first interviews in the period 27 - 29 November 2019.
Salary: £82,000 - £87,000 with excellent benefits.
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave.
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%.
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week.
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Free annual eye tests.
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
- Volunteer Day
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020 (likely to be June/July 2020) and moving to 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf. Therefore, the London Office location and contract base, if you are successfully offered the role, will change.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely serious. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.