Head of Business Analysis/Lead Business Analyst - Contract - London
We're currently looking for a Head of Business Analysis/Lead Business Analyst to join our client within the public sector on a 6 month contract paying £650pd OUTSIDE IR35.
We're looking for someone to lead the Business Analysts for our programme (Civil, Family and Tribunal), like a Practice Lead. We don't want someone who has just been a Senior BA for a few years, looking for a career Business Analyst who can step up, lead and guide all the BAs on our programme.
Security Clearance: BPSS/ DBS
To deliver against the key accountabilities, the Lead Business Analyst will be expected to have the following experience:
- Experience of capturing business requirements and shaping work packages.
- Experience of leading teams of business analysts on large programmes.
- Practical know-how and expertise in business analysis and industry recognised tools and techniques.
- Proficient in the use of modelling tools, up to and including the level of representing business architectures and service design to support organisations in the implementation and mobilisation of their strategies.
- Familiarity of both agile and waterfall delivery methodologies and the ability to articulate the differences in the approaches, tools, responsibilities and deliverables as a business analyst in either methodology.
- Ability to communicate complex business issues clearly in speech and in writing and be able to explain business process concepts to the end user, and influence and persuade at all levels of staff seniority.
- Ability to use leading practice techniques to present the future business model.
- Knowledge of the general principles of information technology such as its role in decision support, methods of data capture, storage and retrieval, transactional processing and workflow.
- Experience in managing own time effectively in an environment of competing end-user demands and time-critical schedules, prioritising simultaneous project work and rapidly evaluating alternate action plans.
- Ability to conduct stakeholder interviews, facilitate workshops and manage focus groups to extract relevant information.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, sharing knowledge and skills and developing productive working relationships.
- Focused on achieving results.
- Experience of managing ambiguity and undertaking forward planning.
- Strong commercial focus and awareness.